Aug 12, 2019

August FFG

The fantastic Rachel has given us the SAL most of us really need...a Fully Finished Gallery SAL. Yeah we stitch. We finish pieces.....well hopefully sometime. Then what? I know I tend to throw them in a drawer and those beautiful pieces hide until the day I pull out the drawer and look through them. How sad. So now the 10th of every month we have a push to finish our pieces. Not only the current ones we are stitching but those old dusty sad lonely pieces in our box of shame. I have just a few *cough cough* so I'm sure the SAL will continue the rest of my life haha.

Stop over to the check in post to see what lovely pieces others have created this time as well.

Let's see what I've finished since the last time...

12th of July found me finishing up my July Lizzie Kate Stamp.
16th of July I finished up Flip Flops Mill Hill Kit.
6th of August I finished up Mom's Nautical monthly piece.
8th of August I setup my sewing studio and got busy on 3 box of shame pieces.
Let's talk about these a little more in detail...
Dragonfly Heart was from Sekas Hearts. I stitched this up in 2005! It didn't even make it to my box of shame actually. I hide these away in a cabinet and totally forgot about them till we had a heart themed People's Choice. I remembered stitching them and started digging around to find them. Everyone demanded they be finished. They sure deserved to be finished. This one is finished with the blue fabric you see under the pillow.

The 2nd one of the set I'm talking about is this one...
I stitched this one in 2006. It was called Patriotic Heart from Sekas. I stitched it for Jeremiah since he is very patriotic. He picked out the fabric for the back. It again is laying under the pillow for the picture above.

Last I grabbed a cute little nautical piece from 2015...
The pattern is called Seas the Day from Silver Creek Samplers. I finished the stitching for it in 2016. Finished with the fabric under it again.

I love the way all 3 turned out and they are proudly on display instead of hiding away in shame. Thank you Rachel for the push to do that!!!

So according to my calculations because of this SAL I've finished...

February -- 5
March -- 6
April -- 5
May --  2
June -- 4
July -- 2 
August -- 6
Total of  30 Now!!!!
 
So many more to go but I'm very happy with these. So nice to see them when I look around.

7 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie wow lots of beautiful finishes ,you do such beautiful work,well done my friend xx

Carol said...

So many cute finishes, Katie! I'm always so impressed with all you accomplish in a month :)

Loretta said...

Lovely finishes!!! Well done!!!

Astrids dragon said...

What fabulous finishes! Wow, 30 finishes this year so far? Good for you!

Julie said...

That's a great amount of finishes, well done.
Your sewing machine is certainly getting lots of use.

Mary's Thread said...

What great summer finishes! They are all so cheerful! You've been super busy!

Rachel said...

Thank you for joining in the SAL again! I'm so glad you were nagged into finishing the hearts, they are a perfect indication of the love you share with everyone. Love the backing fabrics too - perfect! :)