Aug 5, 2019

The People's Choice -- Monochrome

First Saturday of the month the lovely Jo is hosting this fun blog game/SAL. We have a theme are we are to make a post about that theme. Anything we think fits. I love to see how each post is so different from the next person. Stop over to Jo's post to see who all played along this month.

Theme this month is Monochrome.

So let's go through my finishes and see what I have stitched that is Monochrome...
2007 I did Jeremiah's name as a Christmas Tree in his favorite color green. 2009 I finished a dragon head that a friend used a tattoo and made into a cross stitch pattern for me. 2013 I stitched a set of 5 tribal sea life pieces for mom. 2015 I stitched another dragon this time a Blackwork Dragon by Dragon Dreams. The tree is in my pile of things to finish. The dragon tattoo was framed and hangs on my wall by my stitching corner. I think I shared a photo of it framed when we had the dragon post earlier this year.

Let's look through my WIPs for monochrome designs...
This old WIP is from 2014. It's from Rovaris. All I Need is Love and a Dog. Here is what it will look like when finished...
Embers is another dragon on a beautiful piece of tie dyed fabric I was given. It's one I really need to get back out and work on more. Not this month but soon hopefully.

I checked my wishlist on 123stitch and right now there isn't any monochrome on my wanted list.

Monochrome are kind of boring to me I guess. I notice when I worked on Embers last time I get bored very quickly when there isn't color changes. Of course it is kind of nice not to have to think what thread to grab next haha. See ya next month when the theme is Bees.

9 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie wow and double wow your work is stunning,i love all your projects especially the dog xx

Faith... said...

Great monochrome stitching pieces. I love the one with the dog!

Rachel said...

All of your monochrome pieces are lovely, especially your mom's tribal sea life set. Did they all come as kits with the frames or were they framed to match the stitching?
Regarding Embers and your boredom threshold, because it's an easy chart to follow, how about making it a project where you occasionally stitch one or two lengths of thread before you settle into your more colourful stitching? It might be worth a try. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love that inbetween the dragons there are seashore themed designs, of course!

I touched on the boredom of one colour in my post too, maybe you should consider some bath-time stitching too LOL

Can't wait to see more of Ember on that fabric.

Beth in IL said...

I agree that it can get rather boring stitching on monochromatic stuff, but you have a lot of lovely stuff stitched up.

Ariadne said...

As usual I love the sea themed ones! AriadnefromGreece!

Julie said...

Great selection. The name trees were so popular, I remember stitching those too

Bethan said...

Oh wow - the tattoo dragon is amazing! x

Astrids dragon said...

Oh Katie, I love them ALL! Especially the dragons!