Nov 14, 2022

Monday 14th Update

Hello Readers. Another week. Boy life just continues to fly by doesn't it? So let's see what this week has brought...

Monday and Tuesday I worked on the October Year of Celebrations. Wednesday and Thursday time flew by and no stitching happened. Friday I finished the October piece!!!!

Here is the whole set now...

Wohoo it's finished. Now to ask Santa for HOD's next set of seasons haha. I picked up the last Lili of the Valley fairy (November) and started her but only a tiny bit of stitching was done so I will wait and post a picture later.

It was a crazy busy weekend. We were hoping to finish our winter shower house Saturday. Then go shopping Sunday. Deer season started so Hubby, Bev, and Dad went out early Saturday morning. I woke up to a text Bev had got one she thought. I looked out the window to see heavy snow as well. So I head out to take Spike to potty and see dad. I asked about Bev catching one and he said let's go see. So we all walk over to Bev. Bev comes out of her deer blind and is talking to us and we look up and a deer is standing there looking at us. So dad pulls his gun up and shoots. He got a 2nd deer. Dad does all his own processing and he has told everyone only 1 deer a day. LOL so now we switch to time to take care of the deer. They have to be prepared to hang overnight. So several hours later and probably 2 inches of surprise snow they were working on the metal for our shower house haha. My Godmother stopped over with a delicious meal pork loin, potatoes, and carrots. Plus a delicious batch of brownies. We told her any time she wants to come over she is welcome haha. She really misses mom too so we try to talk a few times a week now. It means a lot to both of us. 

Sunday we gathered to do up the meat. We got 120 pounds of meat to split between 3 families. How wonderful. Especially with the price of meat right now. I love animals but when we can benefit from their lives it makes hunting okay with me. My dad isn't just in it for the sport of it. After finishing up that Fred, Jeremiah and me ran to the store. We had a delicious meal out at Red Lobster one of mom's favorite restaurants. What we were needing...We had a small 7.4 cubic feet fridge in our cabin. It worked great for not living here but with living here it was just way too tight for our weekly groceries and extras it's nice to have on hand like fresh fruits and veggies. So we found one double the size!

So that's off our need list. So thankful. Now to go grocery shopping to fill it up better. It was a busy weekend but we are doing great really. We are slowly figuring out all the needs and things for our new little tiny home. We put some plastic window covering up to help with these single pane windows. I can already tell that's helped a lot. It's really testing it lately. Finally cold here in Northern Indiana after record breaking heat a few days. I love the cold as you can tell. Plus bring on the SNOW!

I am a few days over a week out of my surgery. I'm doing great. No pain medicine any more except Tylenol if I need it. Only needed it a few times now really. Trying to be careful and not push too hard. That's the hard part though. Jeremiah keeps yelling at me if I do too much haha. The muscle in my rib cage area is still sore but not near as bad as it was. So time is sure helping. Follow up with surgeon the 23rd. Okay I'm off to get busy with my computer stuff so I can stitch. Have a wonderful week. Smile. Love Yourself!!!

4 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: it's nice to hear you are healing and almost back t normal.
It's must feel good to have a larger fridge, I could not even imagine having a small one for two people let alone three people.
I grew up hunting, I love the taste of wild food.
I bet it feels good to have the October design finished.
I am looking forward to seeing what you will be stitching next.

Catherine

Faith... said...

I am so glad you are feeling good after your surgery and you are down to taking only Tylenol. Jeremiah is right; you should still be taking it easy! You don't want to aggravate that muscle.

Congrats on your finish of this set. I just love them. Oh no, not snow already! I guess that this is about the time that it usually comes but as you said 'time seems to be flying by' and that includes the seasons. You seem to be near a lot of your family now, that must be great. You can see everyone whenever you want to!

Astrids dragon said...

I love your October finish, the whole set looks fantastic! I bought them all this summer and I think I need to start them in the new year.
I think I have the next set, how sad that I'm not sure! If you don't get it I'll be happy to send you mine when I'm done. But not sure when that would be!
It sounds like you're having a great time at the cabin with the deer, snow, and family/friends. And the new fridge too!

Carol said...

I'm glad your surgery went well, Katie! Hopefully the soreness will be all gone very soon. Love your finish of all those cute HOD monthly blocks--congratulations!

We've had snow here, too, but it's melted now. I was sad as I was hoping for a white Thanksgiving :) Oh, well. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and that great big fridge! I'm sure it will be very different without your mom, but she's watching over you. Take care now ♥