Nov 21, 2022

Nov 21 Monday Update

 Last week seemed really long. No idea why. We didn't have anything going on. It was cold. Nothing to do. But.....stitch haha.

Sunday I started on the last Lili of the Valley Fairy (November) I finished it last night...

(14) November 20th
November from Lili of the Valley Calendar
From 2016 Cross Stitcher Magazine
Stitched on 32ct Lambswool Evenweave
Threads are Suggested DMC
Started Nov 11th. Took 8 Days.
Whole Set Took 80 Days.

Another full set completed. I am so happy. I love her. She was definitely bundled up for the cold weather. We had a few days of negative wind chills. Our little electric heaters worked perfect. We never got cold and we kept them low setting. So we are happy for the test. Fred and Dad got our winter shower house all finished too. It's amazing to be negative outside and 60 degrees in our shower house. Perfect. We are happy and ready for the long winter.

Fred had his Amateur Radio Ham Fest all weekend. So again long stitching hours. But this week he has the week off and we have a lot of plans. Today we headed out to the grocery store to gather some Turkey day yummies. It was a fun day. Wednesday I have two doctor appointments. Then we are hoping to get our licenses all changed over to our new address. Thursday my Grandma (Dad's Parents) invited us over. So that will be really nice. I am making Deviled Eggs and Veggie Dip which is always my favorite part of preparing for a holiday meal.

There have been a few emotional days. No reason. Just emotional. I really really miss my mom. I think it's the quiet and probably the holiday coming up. Jeremiah helps me a lot. He misses her so much too. We are going to be okay just can't believe she is gone. 65 is just too young. 

Well I am off to get my computer work done. I don't know what project is calling me next. I hear quite a few yelling for attention. Plus I have some new pieces begging but I told them to wait......for right now haha. Have a great week. Happy Thanksgiving to my US Readers. Don't eat too much.....Oh okay we all know we will. Love yourself. Smile.

5 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: Happy Blessed Thanksgiving.
Your Fairy is so sweet and adorable.
I still miss my Mom and have misty eyed days, I even have a photo of her in my laundry room and say hello whenever I go in there, I just need to see her smiling face every once in a while.
Looking forward to seeing your next project.

Catherine

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Katie, Happy Thanksgiving! Holidays can certainly be an emotional time after the loss of a loved one. Hold the ones you've got around a little closer this year. Your fairy finish is absolutely adorable. I may have missed it, but I can't wait to see what you do with all of them. Happy stitching! -Andrea

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work on your little fairy, I love how bundled up she is.
It will take a long while to get used to life without your Mum and it will never really be the same. It’s important to think of the many good times you had with her.

Faith... said...

Another cute finish and another set completed! Here in Arizona you don't have to go to the DMV once you get your initial license. You just go on the website, make the changes, pay the fees and they send you a new license with the same picture on it that you had before. You keep your license until you are 65! I guess then you have to go in and be tested again. That's kinda nice because it is so simple! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving today. I still cry about my Mom and it has been 27 years already. :(

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, she's adorable! Maybe the new year will be the year I actually start stitching mine?!
I've been thinking about my Momma a lot too, seeing something in the store that she'd like and remembering she's not here. One day at a time, but the holidays are harder for sure. Hugs to you all.