Nov 28, 2022

Nov 28th Monday Update

 Hello Readers! Hope my US readers had a lovely Thanksgiving. We sure did. It was different but okay. My dad's parents, my 2 sets of Aunts and Uncles, my dad and step mom, and us. It was nice.

Let's look back over my week last week. Monday was busy with groceries and catching up on computer stuff. Tuesday I started Autumn Time by New York Dreamer...

I'm using 32ct Vintage Country Mocha Evenweave for it and suggested specialty threads. Here it is now after Day 2... 

Wednesday I had my surgeon follow up. I am all clear. The scar is looking great. Still supposed to be careful with lifting and crunches but I am able to exercise again. Which is am really excited about actually. Ready to get back on the weight loss bus haha. We also stopped by mom's house. First time since she passed. Boy that was hard. Everything was just right where she left it. Like we should be able to see her sitting in her chair. Jeremiah sure cried hard. I think I was more prepared. We walked around and took some things that was important to us. We will be working on it more later. The lady who owns the house isn't planning on selling till after Spring thankfully. So we have time. 

Friday we decided to decorate for Christmas here...

A collage of our decorations. Love it!!! We haven't got our tree yet. We have an idea about it. Now to get to town to do it haha. 

Saturday we went out with friends. It was a very nice relaxing time. Jeremiah had a blast. So funny that he is old enough to go bar hopping with us now haha. We ended up going to 3 different breweries and just laughing the day away. 

Sunday I demanded a lazy stitching day. I pulled out Beer Dragon again. Looks like last time he was out was in November 2021!

I think he needs to stay out for a bit. He was lonely. 

Well have a great week. Love yourself. Smile.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

So glad you had a good week and a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love the Beer Dragon. Hope you keep him out for awhile.

Carol said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving, Katie. Those first holidays after a parent passes are very hard. I can imagine how difficult it must be going back into your mom's home and I'm glad you don't have to clear it out right away. Love your Autumn piece--that is such a cute series! Happy December to you ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Autumn Time is lovely, very nice new start. Happy Birthday to Beer Dragon!
I'm glad Thanksgiving went well for you all, it must have been difficult without Mum there.
How does the rental housing situation work? Are you still paying rent to keep Mum's stuff there? Or is the landlady very generous? Always interested in how other countries do things! Here you have to clear the house or make an arrangement with the landlord to take over the tenancy. Which they can refuse.

Astrids dragon said...

New Thanksgiving memories, but treasuring the old ones too.
I love Autumn Time, you're off to a good start! I thought I had it somewhere in my stash, but if I do I can't find it.
It's nice that you have time to get your Mom's place cleaned up, did you find any surprise pieces that you had stitched and forgot about?
Your new place is looking festive, bring on the tree!
Nice to see Beer Dragon out again, that will keep you busy.