Feb 12, 2024

Feb 12th Monday Update

 Howdy readers. I hope everyone is doing good. Let's see what I worked on last week.

Monday was one of those days. I worked on my computer. Life happened. Laundry and Groceries in the evening. An annoying reminder that life can just suck sometimes type of day. But it will be okay. Just some annoying things that needed focused on that took my time away from my fun hobby.

Tuesday was more of the annoying thoughts and just couldn't shake Monday. I did get Mermaid Biscornu by Tiny Modernist out which didn't help haha. This piece annoys me. I stitch stitch stitch and I feel like I don't get anyway but pictures sure do help. I am more surprised by anything at how slow it seems to go. I added 58 stitches Tuesday...sad. So I kept it out Wednesday again. Added 486 finally...

I see the progress which helps. Just want it to go faster haha. This one is going away for a little bit. I want to get some of my other goals marked off. If I don't finish this one this month it's okay. 

Thursday was time for the weekly progress on Winter Line Up by The Trilogy...

I would love to have this finished by March 1st but again no pressure. I added 586 this week. The border really added up to lots of stitches.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday was Beer Dragon for it's minimum of 500 stitches. Added 591...

Finally hit the wing!!! It will have more confetti but at least more colors haha. 

Saturday we had an errand day. We went out to eat breakfast, haircuts, took stuff to storage, Walmart for some new shoes and pants for me, brought that stuff home and picked up Spike, nail trim for Spike, hobby lobby, Fred's cigar shop for a package he wanted, Aldi's, picked up dinner, home. See busy haha. What did I get at hobby lobby?

Fabric for the back of Country Life and Wee Bit Irish. Plus some buttons. I love the fabric. The clover piece was on sale too so Wohoo.

I found a new mobile game so I've been playing that way too much and it's stealing stitching time. I told Jeremiah take my phone away so I stitch haha.

Bev was finally able to go home. After talking with her new oncologist they want her to go back to the hospital for the next round of chemo which unfortunately neither my dad or her was expecting. So that's scary. Trying to stay positive. The first round was horrible for her. So very scary indeed. 

Love yourself. Have a great week ahead. Find reasons to smile.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Love your Winter Trilogy piece, Katie! I bet you can't wait to get to the penguins :) I sure hope Bev does okay with her next round of chemo--I can't imagine how hard that must be for her and for all of you to watch her go through it. Take care now--and Happy Valentine's Day ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yay for Beer Dragon! And for another mermaid too.