Feb 5, 2024

Feb 5th Monday Update

Hello my friends. Another Monday update. I guess that's what today is haha. Let's see what I worked on last week.

Monday and Tuesday was doctor appointment days for me. I already discussed my doctor appointment Monday. I called the OBGYN that my doc suggested for my skin tag and they had an opening Tuesday so I reluctantly made the appointment. I was just wishing they could just get it done. The lady was older and very set in her ways. She wasn't happy with a lot of my life choices and made sure to share with me. I just asked her to please take care of this problem. She definitely seen the issue and said Okay I will remove it today. I was excited until I thought about wait they need to numb me to remove this. Yep shots in a very sensitive spot like a dentist appointment injection...I came off the bed and was not happy but luckily it was numb and removed quickly. Then she did sutures and I said Wait literally with needle and thread...Yep. Weird. They dissolve which is very nice but I really wanted some pretty X's at least haha. She said no just a running stitch. It was finally over and taken care of. So no more worrying about that. Plus I don't have to return to see her. All testing was negative so no worries there. Just a weird thing that happened. She did say I could blame Jeremiah so I have a lot haha.
 
All my test results from blood work and all other tests came back negative. So everything was fine except for blood pressure. My A1C (shows for diabetes) was even great. Which makes me very happy. So all clear for a go at being a healthy me. Just needed to heal from the removal of that annoying spot (finally feel mostly all better today it was sure sore). 

Tuesday I did get a few stitches into Rules for Life from Kincavel Krosses. Just 89 though.

Wednesday I kept Rules for Life out to give it the respect it deserved plus the February challenges hadn't started yet haha. I added 639...

Moving along on it and it will definitely be finished this year. I didn't add it to my February goals though. Completely forgot to fit it in.

Thursday it was finally the 1st and my brain was in overdrive on what to work on first. So Fred said 5th from bottom which was the Mermaid Biscornu from Tiny Modernist...

I'm stitching it on 18ct Vintage Country Mocha Aida. I bought 3 of these biscornu's while attending a retreat in 2019. Finally adding them into my WIP tote. I got the first of the 4 mermaids finished up which was 769 stitches...

The skin shows up better in person. Guess I didn't think about her skin when I picked out the fabric. I love the in person look though. Since I started upper left first one was upside down. Poor girl haha. 

Friday I realized I almost forgot to do my weekly progress on Winter Line Up by The Trilogy. This is a side effect of having no idea what day it is haha. I did up the progress I would like per week this month to least 200. I would love to finish this one by March 1st but we'll see. Helps I added 376 Friday for Day 8...

For the weekend I picked up Halloween Potions by Les Petites. I wanted 500 for one acrostic, 200 for another acrostic, and 400 for the Halloween group haha. So I added 711 to be safe haha...

I focused on adding the fun skeleton this time. The backstitching was a pain but I love the way he turned out. 4 Days into this one now. Slow but fun.

I joined the Stitchonomy Winter SAL which starts Feb 23rd. I splurged and bought complete kit which arrived safely from Germany last week. I'm looking forward to stitching that with several friends who have joined in as well. 

Yesterday was officially 2 months since Bev was home the last time. She is hopefully in the rehab for her last week though. She is doing fantastic. This week she has several doctor appointments one with a local oncology to find out her next steps but hopefully this stuff will be easier than the first round in the hospital. She should be able to be home with my dad while on it. They are both very very happy about that. My dad has left the house every day for 2 months and he is exhausted. Ready to have her home. He said they aren't doing anything other than sit and nap haha. Good for them. They sure deserve it.

Yesterday was had a frustrating thing happen. Fred, me, and Spike went to a local park for a walk. It was a slightly warmer day and sunny. We were really enjoying ourselves until I seen two off leash dogs. I was worried because I didn't see the owner anywhere. Of course here they came. I'm not judgy about breeds but honestly we know some dogs are more aggressive than others. When they got closer I realized they were pit bulls. The female was smaller and wanted to play but she wanted to play a lot harder then Spike did so he verbalized to get her to stay back. The larger male who was already watching Spike closer took that as excuse to bark and show teeth. Which irritated the female and Spike. It was a blur of teeth and barking and it was very very scary. Fred grabbed Spike to get him as high as he could. Our probably 40 pound plus dog. The two other dogs were jumping and barking and snapping. She kept jumping up a licking my nose which I was glad was at least a lick but still. It was scary because I was so worried any moment biting would start. Fred pretty much ran like a football player holding Spike to get to our van. We jumped in quickly at that point breathing very heavy....All of us. I was looking for a number to call to report the incident and the owner pulled in looking for her dogs. I seen online a lady had posted looking for the two on our local FB board. 

I took a deep breath (being arrested is expensive) also bottom line I care about animals and no one was hurt and stepped out of the van to show her where the dogs had ran off to. She sheepishly asked me if my dog or anyone was hurt. So in that she proved she knew they shouldn't be running loose. I said Thankfully no one was hurt. She apologized so many times. Her young son had let them outside while she was in the bathroom. She was able to get them into her vehicle and we headed home. Careful examination of Spike found a lot of slobber on his side so contact was made but luckily no bite marks on him or us. Frustrating end to a nice time that definitely could have been a totally different story. 

Today...It's a new week. Hopefully lots of stitching ahead. Love yourself. Have a wonderful week. Find lots of reasons to smile.

5 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: If that was my doctor I would find another, she sounds horrible.
Nice progress on all your stitching.
I am so afraid of dogs off leash, we only walk in the neighborhood, never a park, I have seen too many dogs fighting in parks.
Good news about Bev, I hope your father does not wear himself out.

Catherine

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rachel said...

Sounds like a very adventurous week, but thank goodness everything turned out for the best.
Great stitching too; the skeleton does look fantastic.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I was wondering why you were seeing a Gynaecologist for a skin tag but in hindsight, I probably don’t need to know LOL

Great progress on your stitching, love that first mermaid. You could use different skin tones for each one.
Scary experience with the dogs. My Mum uses a walking stick on our walks now, to keep her steady and to fend off unwanted canine attention too.