Mar 25, 2024

Mar 25th Monday Update -- After Retreat

I had a fantastic Spring Hoosier Retreat but first let me see what I did before leaving Thursday...
 
Monday and Tuesday I got my 500 in on Halloween Potions...
After hitting my goal for the month I started Spring Line Up by The Trilogy in honor of the first day of Spring...

I decided to start on the bottom for this one. 

Wednesday I worked on Thanks to the Brave a bit more in between packing...

Thursday it was finally time to leave. Jeremiah did great holding down the fort until Fred got off work. Fred did take Friday off to be here to let Spike out so that was really nice. I was picked up by 3 of my local friends. 2 I hadn't seen since my mom's funeral. 1 since probably 2019. We all got to talking and our last Hoosier Retreat was 2019!!! Boy we missed each other. On the way down we normally stop at a LNS in Bloomington Indiana but it closed. So I suggested stopping at one around Indianapolis called Always in Stitches that I haven't been to in YEARS. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Look at my haul...

I had been wanting to bite the bullet and get some of the Primrose Cottage ones. I have fallen in love with them. So one of my friends said they had the Autumn one I could have and I figured I might as well buy some of the others to go with it. Plus a few more haha. And a few more. In the 2nd photo the seasonal 4 and the Mandalorian chart came from another friend. The patriotic one in the top right I bought from someone at the retreat. The Pirate Snowman is just adorable....as are all the others haha. Now I just can't decide what I want to work on first haha. Like I needed more projects....now I have 21 more!!! OMG. But I smile so big flipping through these amazing patterns. I also bought some fabric both at the store and at the retreat. Black for some patterns in my stash and some linen from a lady selling at retreat. Also an arm full of beautiful project bags my friend was giving away.
 
We arrived safely at Camp Rivervale in Mitchell, Indiana and settled in for the weekend. It was wonderful...
 
A lady grabbed a picture of my tablemates.
We had 25 and two day visitors.
How to get 4 ladies worth of stuff there and home
My bed for the weekend
My setup. Ready to stitch away. I did get some stitching done...



I put in 1,225 stitches in total. I did more talking and catching up than stitching haha. I missed everyone!!! Plus had one big unload when I talked about everything going on with me in the 5 years. WOW! I tell you what though. I feel so much better. The support I got was exactly what I needed. Several had been through similar things and it helped so much to hear it's not just me and I'm not wrong for my feelings.
 
After retreats like this I always have major motivation and want to STITCH ALL THE THINGS! Boy do I ever now even more. Look at those beautiful new patterns!!! I want to start them all and NOW.  Plus Plus I want to work on what I have so I can happily start the new ones....but I want to stitch them all at the same time hahaha. See. Then I was so tired I slept for 2 hours when I got home. What a waste of time. Now I sit here on the computer typing. I don't have time for anything else but stitching for months. Then we leave again this Thursday for a weekend of Wrestling craziness. Jeremiah is going crazy and keeps saying Is it Time Yet?? LOL I can definitely tell you one thing I am a happy girl. Happy with my life. Happy with my stitching options that's for sure haha. Now to just breath and enjoy each and every little stitch. I sure will. No stress. Just fun and happiness.

Spike is making sure I never attend another retreat though. I have only been away from him one night before this. This was 3 long long nights he said...
Just as I got my stitching out (thankfully) Spike crawled in my bag and laid down. No mommy no more filling this bag you leave me too long. So adorable.
 
Have a wonderful week. I will be back next Monday. Love yourself. Smile. Hugs.

4 comments:

Terri said...

Glad you had a good time, Katie. I missed going. Maybe next year. Love your stitching and Spike is adorable!

Carol said...

Sounds like a great time at your retreat, Katie! It's always nice to catch up with friends you haven't seen in a while and good for the soul to be able to unload with trusted friends like you did. Glad Spike was okay without you, but I'm sure you were missed. Enjoy all those lovely charts--you will be very busy for a while :) Have a great Easter with your family ♥

Faith... said...

So glad you were able to get together with your friend and unload and unwind! That was probably a very well needed therapeutic weekend for you. Can't wait to see you start your new stitchy pieces! Spike is to cute.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, you got quite the haul! So many fun and beautiful patterns, you will be busy!
It certainly looked like you had a great time, especially catching up with friends you hadn't seen in a while. Stitching friends are the best!
Awe, Spike certainly missed you, I'm sure your men did too.