Aug 12, 2024

Aug 12th Monday Update

 Another fun challenge week with lots of different projects seeing progress. Let's look back...

Monday Olympics Prompt Favorite Designer. Fandom also had a monthly prompt for Iconic. Dashgo new draw was 2 people and I have no WIPs that count for that. So I absolutely love Erica Michaels and her Silk Gauze pieces so perfect time to start my August monthly pick...

I added 540 tiny little stitches. I'm using the suggested Weeks Dye Works threads.

Tuesday Olympics prompt was Something with an animal. I pulled out Gathering Berries by Luminous Fiber Arts. 

I added a wonderful 851 stitches on the 32ct Vintage Country Mocha with the beautiful silk thread Selle Soie Cranberry.

Wednesday Olympic prompt was Recommend by another stitcher. The Dashgo was Koren designer but no WIP in my tote to use. So I picked up The Mandalorian by Forbidden Fiber Co because Janet showed me this design and Jeremiah fell in love with it...

401 added to the 40ct White Evenweave. Using one strand of the suggested Forbidden Fibers. 

Thursday Olympic prompt was for the weightlifting something you couldn't "weight" to work on. So Yggdrasil came back out because I just want to make progress on this one so bad...

I can't wait to make it past that corner block section haha. Getting closer every X. Day 9 still there haha. 

Friday Dashgo call 8 was a new start. Olympics was stitch to your gooooaaal on a project. So I picked a project I've been wanting to do forever...

Enchanted Pumpkin a Mill Hill kit. I added 711 black stitches. It's on perforated paper. 

Saturday Olympics prompt was part of a series and we had a busy day. So I just worked on that pick which was Autumn Time by New York Dreamer...

Added 301 to the 32ct Vintage Country Mocha and finished the left page. So now on the right side. 

Sunday Dashgo was Something with Hands and the Olympic prompt was something you want to finish in 2024 for the final. I worked on The Mandalorian again which worked because Grogu's little hands...

547 stitches added. Finished Grogu and worked on the This is the The way at the bottom. I really don't like the way they did the colors in Grogu but it's fine. You can tell it's probably computer done and I think a solid color or better shading would have suited it better but oh well. 

I definitely got a lot done on a lot of stuff again. I definitely enjoy the challenges. I finished the Olympics challenge. I did have to make up the day I was out of town but I will accept that because life has to be lived.


The numbers are the stitches I added on the project every day.

Dashgo is going okay. I had 3 in a row I didn't have a WIP for but I'm really proud I didn't start something only for Dashgo...

I still have some options for Bingo but we'll see. No pressure just fun.

Life update. Bev got to move to rehab on Tuesday. She is doing great and hopefully we will be going home soon. She is walking fine with a walker and can get herself to the bathroom when needed. She has a doc appointment tomorrow. So we'll see what his suggests for future plans. I think right now it's just blood work and building up her immune system better.

Saturday we ended up having a small ceremony for my Grandpa. We gathered at the gravestone to put his ashes to rest. The funeral home guy knew about my Grandpa's Navy years so he told the people in charge and he got the full military salute. So beautiful. Tears were definitely shed during taps. Such a beautiful song. Then we went to my Grandparents home and told stories. My Grandma is doing great really. She didn't want him to suffer any more and his last few years he was in a lot of pain and ready to be at peace. So she seems strong and learning to be herself without taking care of him all the time. Big change.

I'm off to stitch. Have a great week. Love yourself. Smile as often as possible. We deserve it!

1 comment:

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, sweet Grogu! I love Autumn Time, I think I have that somewhere in my stash.
So nice to hear Bev is doing better.
The gathering for your Grandpa sounded nice, I'm glad that your Grandma is doing well.