Aug 26, 2018

August WIPocalypse

Today is time for a WIPocalypse check in. The purpose of this blog SAL is to finish all our WIPs before the end of the world. I know I have no hope what so ever haha. Only if all the designers stopped putting out new and beautiful things. Plus if my WIP basket and tub somehow got finished. See like I said....Never Going To Happen! So every month the world doesn't end we share our progress on this endless task. I personally like to use this SAL to keep track of what I work on and for how many days each. So let's see what I've been working on since the last check in...

Durene Jones Calendar -- 5 Days
I got July finished up right after my last check in...
I was also able to start and finish August...
Ocean in a Bottle -- 2 Days
Here it was before...
Here it is now...
You Are Loved -- 3 Days
Here it was before...
The after will be posted tomorrow for my Monday update because I worked on it over the weekend at the cabin. I've took this one to the cabin twice now and had two great progress days while there. It's getting close to a finish and I think I'll keep it out till I can mark it off my list. So come back tomorrow to see the new progress photo.

Frosted Pumpkin Halloween Spooky Sampler -- 6 Days
I finally got started on this fun design and am happy with my progress on it so far...
Halloween Mini Skeleton Face -- 5 Days
I had this one just barely started before...
Now the skeleton face is finished up and ready to be finished off and on display for this Halloween hopefully....
Spring Bell Pull -- 1 Day
I'm working on the N block still. Here it was before...
Here it is now. I got the top part finished up...
I only had 6 days of no stitching this time around so that's good. 5 of those were days we were busy at the cabin so that's at least a good excuse to miss stitching. The other day I was busy catching up reading blogs and emails so still an okay reason if you ask me.

Also with the WIPocalypse we get fun questions to answer so we can get to know each other. Question of the Month:Which is more satisfying to you and why – the process of stitching a piece, or the finish? Hmm I like them both equally. I just love being in love with the process of stitching a piece. When a piece is calling my name my needles just seem to fly. This month I've enjoyed each piece I've worked on. I love working on several different pieces and as you can see I did just that from the above photos. But when I get close to a finish it's really exciting too. It's always nice to know you are going to marking one off that long WIP list. So I guess I enjoy both for different reasons. I'm excited about finishing up You are Loved and getting it framed. I think I will hang it in the cabin. I was looking around for the perfect spot while we were there this weekend.

I'll be back tomorrow with my weekend update. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

With everything put together like that we can see just what a successful month you had on your numerous and fab little projects. Fingers crossed September will be just as successful. :)

Mii Stitch said...

Well it has been a really productive stitching month for you :)

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Great progress! I really love your Calendar pieces, they are so cute, and You Are Loved is such a beautiful saying :) I like both the process of stitching and the finish equally too!

Julie said...

August is so perfect did you with it being ocean ... or is it a swimming pool?
Loving N on the bell pull.

Bethan said...

Lots of wonderful stitching progress this month. I love the August piece! I would definitely struggle to finish all my WIP before the end of the world; most are in drawers not even started - eek!

Faith... said...

Lots of great progress for the month Katie! Spring is very pretty!

Astrids dragon said...

July and August are adorable, bring on September! Your bottle is coming along beautifully, it's still one I'm thinking about. The Spooky Sampler is cute and I LOVE the skeleton! The N looks great, so close to being done.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That was a fantastic month for you. You got a lot done on the N for just one day too, those designs are full of colour changes.