Oct 22, 2018

Where am I?

So I posted on the 9th and then I disappeared. Let me explain. Thursday the 11th Mom, Jeremiah, and I went down to spend the night at our cabin. Friends were coming Friday before hubby got off work so unfortunately luckily we got to go a night early. They showed up Friday afternoon in their HUGE camper...
Got it all parked and the rain started. Mom decided to go ahead and head home instead of staying Friday night. Hubby got there after work and we enjoyed time with our friends. Saturday we went to a fun 1812 War reenactment event that happens in a nearby town. It was our friend's first time to that type of thing and we had fun in spite of the mud everywhere. There was a TON of people and Jeremiah's new power chair did amazing through it all...
We watched the battle and then headed back to the campground. The guys all helped Bev (my step mom) with a cabinet she wanted built out of old barn beams and wood...
I seen one like it at a sale that we went to later in the week that was half the size of this one and it was $399! So we think Bev could get at least $1,000 for this one but she's not selling it. It took all 4 guys to move it. My hubby was walking on it when he was helping with the top so it was sturdy indeed. The back is an old rough sheet of metal. Looks great! Our friends headed home Sunday but guess what. We didn't have to.

Fred had the week off from work. So we were staying at the cabin all week! It was fantastic. It was also perfect timing to really help out. My dad finally got the permits all finished for getting a pond. He is so happy. It's been his dream since he was a little boy to have it own pond. Now he gets one. So the guy was ready to start the work and we were ready to help where needed...
This is the area the 1 acre pond is going. Look at all that brush and trees...
GONE! It was really neat to watch. It's not over yet. Still a lot to do. We got a ton of firewood from all the trees. Fred worked HARD on his vacation. We had a blast though! Jeremiah just couldn't believe he was watching a pond being built.

It was a long busy week. No internet at the cabin. So no blog updates. I did get a little bit of stitching squeezed in on the October Snapshot. Of course not as much as I would have liked. We had so much fun. We loved every moment. Now though we're home. There is just SO much to do. Being on vacation 2 weeks and then coming home 3 days and then leaving again for over a week. So much laundry piled up. So many things I want to share with my readers. A million TV shows I want to catch up on. Stitching I want to be doing. But I wanted to stop by for a quick update so you know where I've been. Been having a blast!! Now to just catch up.

4 comments:

Sasha said...

I'm glad you are having a good time! I was certainly wondering where you were!

Julie said...

Sometimes it's nice to be internet free and enjoy the outdoors time. Winter will be here and it won't be possible soon. That's a big camper!

Faith... said...

Enjoying family time is much more fun and way more important the internet! ;)

Sounds like you guys have been busy. I would love to see how the pond is made. It sounds interesting. Now if you could just get a few more hours in each day you could manage your to do list without a problem!

Astrids dragon said...

Always nice to spend time with friends and especially family.
What a fun cabinet they built, I wouldn't want to sell it either!
Wow, a one acre pond?! I can't wait to see that come together, it's going to be amazing. Now Fred needs a vacation from HIS vacation!