Jan 21, 2019

Post IHSW / Monday Update

We got hit by Winter Storm Harper over the weekend. We ended up with only 5 inches of snow but with 35 mph winds we had drifts that were over a foot high. Sunday morning my hubby fired up our snowblower to find the driveway...
The snow was just about deeper than our snowblower because of all that wind.  You can see the snow to the right where he parks his truck. This was all just a huge drift that formed really. Then and still we are having brutal cold temps. Last night the actual temps dipped below zero with the wind chills even lower. Brrr. Right now even it's only 15 degrees. This is Fahrenheit for all my overseas readers. The Brrr should explain it for conversion haha. So other than Fred running out to get Pizza last night we stayed in all weekend.

So I sure had time for a fantastic IHSW. Let's see what I got done...
Thursday's Progress (Yes I cheated and worked on it Thursday too haha)
Friday's Progress (Made it across the bottom of this half of the chart)
Saturday's Progress (Started my way up after adding some backstitching on the lower part)
Sunday's Progress Finished my goal for the weekend of the bottom of the boat area. Started from the top with the sails again to wrap up my weekend progress. So happy with how much I got done!!

I hope everyone reading this has a great week. Supposed to be cold and icky weather most the week here. So Jeremiah and Mom will be staying home safe and sound. Fred and me will run out and gather groceries that we need. Not really much planned other than that. I don't know yet what will crawl onto my Q-Snaps. We'll just have to wait and see.

Also Please hop over to CraftySasha's blog. She is hosting an awesome giveaway to get some new followers. 

12 comments:

Pam said...

WOW! You made great progress. Congratulations on reaching your goal. Yikes on those temps!! We got down to like 28 & that was too much for me. PTL we didn't have any moisture to go with it!! Have a super week & Stitch on!

StitchThrifty said...

I got snow too!!! I didn't accomplish nearly as much stitching as you Mrs.Speedy needle!! You had awesome progress!!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

You did some berserker stitching there! What a great piece to work on while the wind is blowing all the snow into your driveway haha!

Stay warm and safe...I NEED you to show us what you are stitching on next!

Cathy said...

Here in southern California, it was 81 on Saturday, but it's cold and windy today. You got a lot of stitching done though. Looks like you'll be happy dancing soon!

Karyn said...

Great stitching progress, my friend! Sounded like a nice cozy weekend, minus the snow blowing...Stay warm and safe

Unknown said...

Hi, love that snow, as I live close to the beach I don't ever get snow. It never gets that cold. Hail is about it. Love your stitching. I already miss blogging. So much I would like to say. :( oh well. End of the week we are going up around the 40c or 104f I think it is. Hot hot hot Happy stitching my friend

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie wow the snow looks so pretty,we are in our summer here and we dont get snow. Lovely work my friend,its coming along nicely xx

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, that certainly kept him busy for a while. Was it still windy? The wind finally stopped today. We're brr here too!
Great progress, the cold must have worked in your favour.

Rachel said...

It just goes to show how much you can achieve when the weather is cold and you can concentrate on just one project. That's fabulous progress. Scrolling down your list I reckon Spring Bell Pull will be your next stitch. :)

Faith... said...

That is quite a bit of progress Katie! Looks pretty close to a finish!

Looks like it will be finished next time around or really close to it; go Katie, go Katie...

I don't miss that weather one little bit but I am glad you got to stay in the house. It is to hard to warm up again once you go outside.

Julie said...

The snow came just the right weekend for IHSW... you achieved such a lot and doesn't it look super.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, that's some snow! We had exactly ten minutes worth, right at school run time, thankfully I no longer have to do the school run, both schools are too far to walk to so the boys go in the car.

Great progress on Salt Water Taffy, gorgeous colours too.