Jan 15, 2019

Sea Turtle and January Gifted Gorgeousness

Guess what...
Sea Turtle Mill Hill Kit
Spring Collection 2016 MH18-1611
Using Kit Materials
Stitched on Perforated Paper
Finished as Magnet
Started Jun 22, 2017 for Longest Day SAL with Jo. Took 2 Days.

I put some thin cardboard on the back to strengthen the piece and attached the magnet that came with the kit...
So this is another finish and another finished finish and another line marked off my YOW list. This time from my YOW Extreme Challenge. Do I need to tell you again...I love the winter months and all the extra stitching time!!! I'm going to stick with the Mill Hill theme for now and gave Jeremiah a choice between the other Mill Hill kits on my YOW lists. He picked out Cabin Fever which we want to display in our cabin. Here is where I was with it last time this is Day 2 on this one...
Here is what it look like again...
Also today is the 15th so it's time for Jo's fabulous Gifted Gorgeousness SAL. For this SAL we post about things we have received as a gift or are stitching as a gift for others. I always have a easy time for this one because so many of my projects were gifts from my family since they support my habit addiction haha. So let's see what I've stitched as a gift since January began. I did this one for my mother...
She loves all things nautical and when I found this nautical yearly set I knew she had to have them. I'm hoping to stitch them each month this year. It's from the book Sand, Sea & Cross Stitch. Hard part is waiting till February to start the next one.

17 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm finding it hard to keep up with you this year - are you living on caffeine at the moment?!
Congrats on Sea Turtle; those little Mill Hill kits are really effective. Jeremiah made good choice with Cabin Fever too; at this rate you'll also have that finished before the week's over!

Christine said...

The little turtle is so sweet! Love the January pillow too

StitchThrifty said...

Man....your needles are smoking!! You are really getting things done. I might be just a little green with envy like that adorable green turtle! I been on the fence on him but he is now on my wishlist!! Oh and then a nautical series, well I need that too! After all I spend a lot of time at the lake! Have a great evening!

Faith... said...

WOW another FFO! You are on a roll Katie and it looks great. Jeremiah must be missing the cabin, hopefully cabin time will come up pretty quickly for him.

Keep going Katie and you will have those 50 things crossed off your list in no time!

Cathy said...

Congratulations on finishing the cute sea turtle so quickly. I love the Mill Hill cabin. It will go perfectly in your cabin this summer. Keep that needle flying!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your sea turtle is so cute. Lovely January stitching for your Mum

Astrids dragon said...

I love the turtle, those colours are the best!
I have Cabin Fever, but have yet to stitch it. I thought I would make it for the lake house.

Elfie said...

Your sea turtle is gorgeous. I do love the colour pallette.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

LOVE the turtle finish! Cabin Fever is coming along nicely and honestly I haven't seen a Mill Hill kit I haven't loved!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the sea turtle, I am stitching a turtle this week - The Great A'Tuin from Discworld!

Beth in IL said...

Love that sea turtle and the cabin is really nice.

Unknown said...

Love that turtle lol, I had fun knowing you were stitching it with me. Like your other mill hill kit too. Happy stitching!!

Claudette497 said...

I love that turtle! What a great finish!

Julie said...

Sweet sea turtle.
The cabin is the perfect project to adorn you own cabin wall, stitch fast so its finished for the new season LOL

Mary-Grace said...

I love Mill Hill Bead kits. Your turtle came out great!
Mary

Ariadne said...

I love the turtle. Looks so bright!AriadnefromGreece!

rosey175 said...

I love the little turtle! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who adds more to the back to make the MHs stiffer. They seem so delicate if just left on their own! Love the little beaded cabin too; great pick by Jeremiah!