Feb 4, 2019

Monday Update

Boy we had a crazy weather week last week. We spent 36 hours below zero. I think it got down to -45 wind chill too. We also got 4 inches of snow one day. It was just a weird cold frozen week. We survived though. We had all our groceries we needed and our home stayed warm and cozy. Just had to have a few talks with the dog about not playing outside. Brrrrr! Jeremiah's best friend had school canceled 3 days and Friday ended up being a 2 hour delay. Our local schools had to close Friday because the buses wouldn't start since they had been so cold. Crazy. So I stitched and watched a lot of TV shows on my DVR haha.

Like I said on my last Monday update I heard a lot of whispers from my WIP totes. Dream of the Sea just had to go away until I could get the whispers to quiet down. I walked over to see what I heard the loudest and out popped my Winter tiny from Erica Michaels...
Here is where I was with it after the 2 Days last time I had it out...
I worked on it 3 more days and it's here now...
The pattern of the border finally caught on and I was able to get a lot done. I was really happy with my progress. Then Friday it was February 1st and Mom's monthly set was screaming Hey Me ME!!
February from Sand, Sea & Cross Stitch Book
Stitched on 14ct White Aida Fabric
Threads are Suggested DMC
Started Feb 1st. Took 3 Days.
 
I finished it up yesterday I'm happy to report. Mom already has it proudly on display. Now I have a valentine piece to do for Jo's upcoming blog hop. Plus my Lizzie Kate set is telling me it demands to be after that. My stitching is sure demanding.  

Hope everyone has a great week ahead. Today we are having a heat wave compared to last week. It's 54 degrees right now. Our yard is a big wet mess with all the melting snow and now we have rain on top of that. We are supposed to get ice later tomorrow maybe. Just never know what we'll get. Probably another week of staying inside safe and sound. Hopefully it means lots of stitching time though so no complaining here.

15 comments:

Rachel said...

Good to see Winter Tiny out again. Did you get a headache this time? And out of curiosity, do you use a magnifier with it or do you have 20-20 vision?
Also very wise to keep mother happy by stitching her nautical piece so quickly! It's lovely.

Glad you were all safe during the cold snap. Where I am in the UK we only had 2" of snow but it was still chaos! :)

Faith... said...

I guess your Mom's piece knew that it could come out because the month changed! It looks great. I love your Winter piece and boy is it ever tiny.

Stay warm and safe indoors.

StitchThrifty said...

Winter tiny was a perfect piece for the crazy weather last week. It is a muddy muddy mess here also! The only thing good about this weather is being cozied up and stitching! Have a great week,

Carol said...

Wow, that is so tiny and delicate looking, Katie! Love the border :) And your little pillow finish is darling for February (well, maybe February in Florida--not up north :)

Hope your February is going well ♥

Julie said...

Winter tiny is looking really fabulous.
Another sweet finish for mom.

Claudette497 said...

I love your mom's finish - something nice and beachy for a cold month!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

That winter tiny is gorgeous! You really powered through most of that border :D

I'm so glad you and your family were warm and safe. It seems this is out week for cold but nowhere near what you had. It's supposed to be minus 7 tonight!

Love the February finish for your mom. Those sure a cute little things aren't they?

Pam said...

Glad you had a warm up! I hate cold... I hate hot too, I just cant be satisfied : ). Glad you got lost of stitching time. Congratulations on your finish!

DJ said...

Good heavens!! I haven't seen temperatures like that since I left northern NY!! I hope spring comes soon for you guys, you deserve some warm days! What lovely stitching! Your Erica Michaels piece looks so cute (is that 40 count over one?) It's going to be lovely when you finish it! Your February piece is so cute too! Lovely finish!! You have been BUSY!!

R's Rue said...

Love

Astrids dragon said...

We had it cold, but not as cold as you! On Tuesday it was in the 70's, crazy weather!
I love seeing your Winter come together, it's so delicate. And Mom's piece is sweet, of course she loves it!

Tanza Erlambang said...

Hope, spring comes soon.
have a great day

Janet said...

Dang girl you must have been stitching with jet fuel...that boarder started flying along.

Meari said...

Crazy weather indeed! At least you can stay in and stitch. Adorable finish.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What bizarre weather! Adore the tiny Winter piece.