Feb 2, 2019

The People's Choice -- Hearts

As always the wonderful Jo comes up with these ideas and we all follow along. Stop over to this post to see who else has joined in. This time she gives us a theme and we make a post about that theme. It's so much fun to see how we each interpret that word into a hopefully fun post. For this one we post on the first Saturday of the month. This month's theme is appropriate for the time of year...Hearts.

I always think I might have a hard time coming up with things to post about. Then a few days before I get ideas that start popping into my head. I had a few ideas of what I knew needed to be including then when I started the photography this morning I found several more things that just had to be included too. So let's see what I can put together today...

Mom found this heart shaped metal shelf unit one year for Christmas. I have all kinds of pretties on display inside.
We went to a craft fair and I bought this neat wall art piece. First glance it's just a pretty heart right?
Here is a side look. Yep this piece is made up of 340 nails! What a talent. I just thought it was so unique and I still get compliments when people see it.
I even remembered I have a heart fabric Q-Snap Huggy for my 6 inch set of Q-Snaps. How perfect for today's post.

A quick glance around my living room found several heart pieces I have stitched on display...
My smalls SAL set from 2016 February piece on display by my computer. This was from an out of print leaflet called a Year of Whimsy from Dimensions.
These two pieces were from 2004 and 2005. My first cube and flat fold finish that I took a class to learn. Of course I forgot everything on how to do those finishes now haha.
Last year's valentine love piece...I guess doesn't really have a heart on it but it felt left out. A tiny little heart biscornu that I have no idea when I made...let me see if I can find it in my files...found it from 2010. Then my February Durene Jones pillow from last year's Smalls SAL set.

So I guess I have stitched quite a few hearts. That's without going into my unfinished pieces. I'm sure there are more in there.

Now let's look at some new pieces to enable everyone. Rachel was mean and posted a new to me Etsy heart that I will probably have to get...
It's from Mother Bee Designs on Etsy. Wouldn't that make a beautiful pillow to display at my cabin? I can think of all the color possibilities it could be stitched in too.

Look at this one...
This is an Anatomical Heart from UnconventionalXStitch on Etsy. Guess they really do have something for everyone don't they?

What an adventure to do a post about hearts. I hope you enjoyed it. I did. Next month the theme is Freebies. At least it won't cost money to get enabled hopefully. Have a great rest of your weekend!

14 comments:

Julie said...

A stunning collection of hearts.
The metal shelf is really lovely.

Tiffstitch said...

Cool! I really like those, and that nail heart is so different. Great find!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love all your hearts, especially the heart shaped shelf. What a clever idea.

I'll be checking out the Etsy shop too, love that Family design.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate wow you have lots of lovely heart around your home ,the heart made out of the nails is amazing and very clever,love it,hope you have a lovely day Kate xx

Janet said...

I love your post. I love your nail heart display. You seem to have hearts all around you!!!

Renee said...

Katie, these are all fabulous! I love hearts. :) The nail piece is impressive. (A co-worker's sister does cool nail art similar to this. It's so cool!) Your cross-stitch pieces are wonderful. Like you, I love the Family heart project. You always do such lovely work!

Pamela said...

Nice collection of hearts. I really like the panda.

Rachel said...

Another great SAL post! I love all your little heart pieces and it's good to know they are out on display. But the nail art picture is so different it has to be my favourite. I also get the impression that it won't be long until Katie has another new start!! :)

Mini said...

What a wonderful post showing all things heart. The shelf is really unique.

I love all your heart finishes .

rosey175 said...

I love the nail art piece. Are the small "floral" nails large heads that have been cut? The cute shelf looks like those older pie tins, great idea. You are surrounded by hearts!

Faith... said...

I just love your Heart art piece! How unique is that and what a great find! Your Mom did good too with the shelf. Great way to display your treasures! Love all your hearts Katie!

I saw that chart on Rachel's blog too and it is in my Etsy cart while I am debating... and probably leaning towards the yes side of the scale.

Hope you guys are not part of the ice storm's path. Stay safe.

Ariadne said...

Love all your hearts but the nail heart is amazing!AriadnefromGreece!

Meari said...

What a great post! :) I enjoyed seeing all your hearts.

Astrids dragon said...

I love your shelf, what fun things in there. The nail art is so cool!
Such sweet stitching, that Panda is precious. That family stitch is a nice one too... get busy!