Jan 28, 2019

Monday Update

Hi readers! Brr we are going to be COLD here in Northern Indiana. Wind Chill Warning till Thursday 2pm right now. We could get wind chill temps of 50 below zero. We get cold but not normally this cold. We had 2 inches of snow on the ground from Saturday night and Sunday. Today we are getting more. At least 2 to 4 more inches. It's beautiful out the window. Tonight the winds are supposed to whip up and help make those temps shoot down. So we are bundled up and not going anywhere. Fred and me ran out and got the last groceries we needed Saturday so we won't have to venture out the whole week.

So yesterday in the WIPocalypse post I kind of showed already what I've been working on but I thought I would talk more about it. Last week Monday through Wednesday I worked on Beer Dragon and got 600 more stitches in now on Page 2. Then I heard an old WIP calling...
This is a kit from Down Sunshine Lane and Hands on Design called Dream of the Sea. It was a very limited edition complete kit where you got all the things to complete the pieces just like the photos above. I'm pretty sure since they have released a chart with the patterns in it though. I started this one in July 2017. I got a quick finish on the pouch in the lower right last July...
I started the pin cushion last July too but it wasn't finished. So I got back to work on it. Here it was when I pulled the piece back out Thursday morning...
I had 4 days into it and just needed to finish up that last side. I got it finished by the end of Thursday...
Friday and Saturday I started and finished up the spool piece...
Yesterday I started the tray design after getting caught up on some computer stuff...
I think I'll keep this one out and try to finish it. We'll see though. I hear a lot of whispers coming from my WIP totes. We all know how well I ignore them....most the time once the whispers become screams I just can't ignore them any longer.

Have a great week! Stay warm!!

17 comments:

StitchThrifty said...

Such pretty summery stitching! Stay warm

Astrids dragon said...

As much as I love the snow, no thanks to it being that cold! I'm glad you're all prepared to stay home and keep warm.
You're working on the perfect kit to keep you in that warm frame of mind, they look great!

Claudette497 said...

I thought you had a typo - we were 86 degrees this weekend, I can't even imagine -50! Yikes! I'm glad you're safe inside, your stitching is gorgeous. Those will be beautiful finishes!

Rachel said...

I love the subtle colours in these beach-themed pieces. You've done well with this set so far that it would be really good if you could hush those whispers until you have completed the final piece and crossed off yet another YOW project. :)

Christine said...

Brr! That's cold!
I love the beach themed pieces

Janet said...

Great stitching. And better stay in and stay warm.

Amy said...

Those are so cute!!!!

Stay warm! It will be cold here too, though no snow and only (LOL) -25° wind chill. Brr!

Meari said...

I didn't know the HOD was originally released as a kit. I just bought the chart last year.

Faith... said...

Awesome progress Katie!

I hope you guys are keeping warm and Fred doesn't have to go out to work.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

bUT, BUTT, butt! You are almost done with this lovely kit!! Finish and then let the whispers take over :D Of course, that's hard to do when so many other lovely things are calling.......stiiiiiiiiiiiitch meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..like that movie Independence Day when the alien took over the doctor's body and creepy voiced "releeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssse meeeeeeeeeeeeee" tee hee!

Mary's Thread said...

This is just the cutest set! Good job on it! It looks great!

Carol said...

Very nice progress, Katie! I hope the worst of the weather is over for you... we were lucky here in PA--cold, but not insane! And very little snow... Happy February to you!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate wow you do the most amazing projects your work is stunning,well done my friend xx

Julie said...

I have never seen this one, its gorgeous.... Dream of the Sea... don't we all!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a wonderful set of designs. I really like the pincushion and need to see that made up.
I do enjoy Cathy Habermann's Flosstube channel, there's something very friendly about her!

rosey175 said...

"and then I picked up my needle and finished everything!" ahaha~ I think this set has such a fun feel to it. Sometimes the whispers can be shushed haha. Maybe we can stitch ear plugs hah!

Bethan said...

Oh I love this kit. The colours and the patterns are gorgeous. I hope you all have kept warm! x