Jan 27, 2019

January WIPocalypse

It's the last Sunday of the month. This means it's time for a WIPocalypse update. The idea of this blog SAL is to finish all our WIPs before the end of the world. I started the year with a list of 71 WIPs in my two totes. My goal is to finish as many as I can.

I like to use this SAL as an excuse to keep track of what I work on each day. I make a note of the project in a weekly planner. Then I can look back and see what I've been working on since the last update. So let's get to it. Let's see what I've been working on since the beginning of the year...

Dragon Eye -- 3 Days. This was my New Year New Start. I have 1,000 stitches in now...
Nautical Year -- 3 Days. Started and finished the January piece...
4 Seasons Winter -- 2 Days. Started this Erica Michaels tiny silk gauze piece...
Lizzie Kate Flip-Its Stamp -- 4 Days. Started and finished the January piece...
Wish Upon a Starfish -- 1 Day. Got another day into this one. Here is where I an now...
Sea Turtle Mill Hill -- 1 Day. Got this one finished up after one more day of work...
Cabin Fever Mill Hill -- 2 Days. Put 2 more days of work into this one. Here it was before ...
Here it is now...
Salt Water Taffy -- 4 Days. Brought back out this old WIP. Here it was before...
Here it is now after the January IHSW...
Beer Dragon -- 3 Days. Here this one was before...
I had just finished page 1. I got 600 new stitched added in the 3 days...
Dream of the Sea Set -- 3 Days. This set begged to be back out too. I finished up the pin cushion with 1 more day of work. The other 2 days I was able to start and finish up the spool piece. Here are the two pieces...
I will talk more about these on my Monday update so pop back tomorrow for that if interested.

Like I've said many times I love the winter months. Lazy stitching filled days. I haven't missed 1 day of stitching since the beginning of the year. I've had so much fun working on so many different pieces. It's been wonderful. My needles are just flying.

Measi also gives us questions each check in. The question this time is: January 27 – What SAL’s are you participating in this year? I've already talked about this. Pop over to this post to see more. I also have them added to my side bar. I feel very motivated so far this year and I'm having a lot of fun with my love of cross stitching. I sure hope this motivation sticks around.

So what have you been working on?

9 comments:

Rachel said...

So no chance of you ever becoming a OAAT stitcher then?!!! That's fabulous progress for the month and definitely a WIPocalypse post to be proud of. I hope you continue to make the most of all this stitching time while you can! :)

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate wow you are amazing my friend all your work is so beautiful,you sure have been busy,well done Kate xx

Astrids dragon said...

I love the finishes and great progress on everything, you do know how to keep busy!
I've stitched every day so far this year too, but my needles are flying as much as yours!

Unknown said...

Put together like this it looks like your needle was flying. So much stitching in the month of January. Well done. I've put a few of my Wips on a hold, I don't like saying I'm never going to stitch them because I might in the future plus a few I want to re start later too so my wip count is now at 54 and not 65. Lol yay me. Happy stitching my friend

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

OHHHHHH! I love the before and after pictures!I love that you haven't missed a day of stitching yet!

FlashinScissors said...

You are doing really well Katie!
I tried to join in this year but couldn’t make the link work for me.
I’ll try again, with an update, it’s such a good way to make one finish those lurking UFOs!
Hugs,
Barbara x

Julie said...

You have been busy Katie, Taffy has certainly moved along so has the cabin.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, it seems like Januay really did have 93 days in it for the amount of stitching you accomplished.

I just adore the tiny silk gauze piece.

Sue said...

Great progress for the month. Every piece you have worked on looks fabulous. Your January lighthouse looks cute and reminded me that I need to start...think it will be with the March starfish. :)