Mar 2, 2019

The People's Choice

Today is the first Saturday of the month. The lovely Jo is hosting another wonderful SAL this year of course. Stop over here to see all who check in. Don't feel bad about checking this one out. It's all about freebies so if you do get enabled at least it's free haha.








For some reason I've found a lot of beautiful freebies lately just begging to be stitched.

Astrid stitched up this adorable dragon for Valentine's Day...
I found out it's a freebie from Dragon Dream's Facebook page. Go here to find it.

Then I seen this beautiful piece at Mary's Thread blog...
You can find the pattern here for this beautiful piece.

This is another beauty I seen a lot this year...
It is available at Scarlette House's Facebook page. I printed it out right away when I found it. So adorable.


I've stitched quite a few freebies myself. One this past Thanksgiving from Erica Michael's...
You can find it on her Facebook page.

This cute set of monthlies I stitched last year are from Durene Jones's Facebook group. I really enjoyed them.

Look at this little St Patrick's Day cutie I just found...
Here is where you can find the pattern. Wonder if I'll have time to squeeze it in before St Patty's Day? Would make a cute pillow for my shelf unit wouldn't it?

I know there are more out there. Seriously you could probably never buy a pattern again.....but what fun would that be. Designers are so kind and share their fantastic abilities quite often. I definitely do my part to pay back for their generosity. 

Now I have a funny story about freebies. One time several many years ago I got into canvas work or some people call it counted thread. It's a lot of specialty stitches and most the time look like geometric type designs. Of course now I can't find a picture it's been that long ago. I was so excited to find this freebie and I printed it out to stitch it. I got the list of threads I needed and started looking them up. It was going to cost me $150 to kit up the threads I needed. So much for being a freebie! Needless to say I didn't stitch it. I enjoy laughing about how sometimes those freebies aren't really freebies at all.

Next month the theme is Specialty Stitches. Now I'm off to see who all joined in. I'm sure I'll find some new freebies I will want to stitch.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

How kind of you to not only show your own freebie stitching but also those of your blogging friends. Your little story made me laugh! Yes, not exactly a freebie in respect of material costs!

You've stitched and found some lovely pieces and your latest find should definitely be stitched before 17th March; even with your pillow stitching you've got loads of time! :)

rosey175 said...

I'm so glad everyone is posting where the freebies can be found! I don't have to go on a treasure hunt now haha. $150 freebie! Material costs really bog me down sometimes too for some of those awesome large pieces.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Love all the freebies, your's and your friends!
The Just Nan "freebies" were like that too - buy a charm for £8 and get a "free" pattern. But at least you can substitute charms and she uses a similar colour palette for many of her designs. She even uses the same symbol across the series!

Your Durene Jones series look lovely altogether like that.

Ariadne said...

Thanks for all the links. AriadnefromGreece!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katie lots of beautiful work there,thankyou for the links ,i must check some out xx

Faith... said...

Love the freebies you stitched Katie! It is a shame counted thread work costs so darn much but at least you found out before you invested anything.

jocondine said...

Great choice, all lovely, the 12 months look so cute. Send you free hugs xxx AmitiƩs

Julie said...

$150 to kit up a free design, far too expensive.
The Durane set looks amazing all finished up.
Lots of great freebies you chose

Beth in IL said...

Thanks for sharing all your lovely stitching!

Janet said...

Your freebies are amazing. Now I am off to print a few. Thanks hon.

Astrids dragon said...

I hope you stitch up that cute dragon for next year!
I love all they ones you've shared, but I really have to stitch Turkey Time.
Thanks for sharing!