Jun 22, 2019

Day 1 of Longest Hermit Weekend Marathon

Instead of making you all wait till Monday I decided to do a quick post about my Day 1. I realized mostly there would be way too many photos for just one post. So let's see how my Friday went during my Longest Day SAL merged with IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend).

I quickly caught up on my morning computer stuff. Quickly responded to some emails. Scanned to see if anything important needed looked at. Mom was first to pick. She picked out Free to Be Me. I was really excited to work on this one again.

Before Pic:
I had started this one for the Debbie's Ultimate January Challenge in 2016. Where I started a piece for every day in January that year. Goal: Finish the blue section and the top red section beside it.
Start Time 9:08am End Time 11:30am
I really had a hard time putting this one down. I wanted to make more progress. Exactly why I set the goal.

Jeremiah picked a paper now. Spring Bell Pull by Stoney Creek Magazine.
Before Pic:
Goal: Finish the Dragonfly on the right hand side. Start time 11:54am Took a lunch break 12:15pm. Back 12:45pm Finished 3:03pm...
A lot of color changes in that little dragonfly. Didn't think it would ever be finished haha.

Mom picked again. This time it was To the Beach Freebie from Hands on Designs. Before Pic..
Small Goal this time finish the E. Started 3:20 Finished 3:30...
Jeremiah picked Halloween Mini's. Another I'm always excited to work on. Before Pic...
Working on the Vampire Face. Goal finish the light gray symbol you can tell is missing from the right hand side. Plus do the check mark symbol which is a very light gray throughout the piece. Started 4:00 Stopped 4:30 for dinner break back 5:00 Finished 8:30...
Check mark symbol really filled in the design.

Mom picked again. Evergreen Snowman a Mill Hill kit. Before pic...
I started this one for the Longest Day SAL in 2017. Goal this time 30 minutes. Started 9pm Ended 9:30pm...
Last pick for the day was picked by mom again. Dream of the Sea. Working on the last part of this set of 4. Before pic...
Honestly I wasn't excited about picking this one up. I really hate stitching on linen. Of course the kit came with linen. I got it ready and started at 10:00. Goal to work on it till my eyes told me I was done for the day. 11:30 my eyes so Okay time. My needle was sad to go to sleep. I really am so happy with my progress on this one...
I would have been happy with just finishing the words. Proof that sometimes a push is all I need to work on something.

I also watched 14 shows. One of the biggest amount of shows I watched was Riverdale. Almost finished with the latest season. Just a few more to watch today. So weird to see Luke Perry again since he has now passed away. He was a great actor.

Okay enough chatting. I need to get busy. Can't wait to see what I work on today. Have a great day! See ya tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

shutterbug (Elaine) said...

Great progress! I'm glad you showed a before and after here. It's easier to compare when they're together. I came close to stitching the whole Wolf Man yesterday. I really wanted to stay up and finish, lol. Have fun today!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love this goal-oriented marathon idea. It's so nice to see some different projects come out to play too.

Faith... said...

WOW six in one day... They all look great and you can definitely see the progress on each and every one!

Rachel said...

What a great first day to your long stitching weekend. The goal-setting for each piece individually seems to have really paid off so far and made you either move on (Free To Be Me) or complete your goal (the dragonfly) when you maybe haven't wanted to. Now getting excited to see what days 2 and 3 bring. :)

Astrids dragon said...

Look at you go, such great progress on them all. I like how Mom and Jeremiah helped you choose what you worked on.