Jun 20, 2019

WIP Update and Weekend Marathon Plans

First off I want to share with you my progress on Adjust your Sails. I know I say this a lot but I really have enjoyed working on this piece. The pattern is easy to follow. The colors are nice blocks of color. It's my first Little Dove Designs and I will definitely do more of her beautiful pieces. Here I am now after 5 days...
Bridgette picked on me and reminded me she told me to go slow since she hasn't been able to start our SAL yet. I swear I'm just so into it my needles are flying! I have finished the first page. I asked mom if she wanted me to go right with the next page or down and she picked down. So I got a start on the 2nd page down. I've been keeping track of my stitch count since I'm using this for the #24HoursofCrossStitchMonthlyChallenge where we are filling in projects that spell out Twenty-Four. I'm using this one for the N because it has a Nautical theme. I was shooting for the 1200 stitches. Then hit the 2400 stitches level easy. I have 3,121 in now! So now I have N and Y marked off. But this one is going away for a bit now. Especially this weekend.

Tomorrow is the start of the Summer season here in Indiana. Jo hosts the World's Longest Day SAL. It also just happens to be the 3rd full weekend of the month which means it's IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend). Not only that but Fred has a weekend long radio event he is attending and camping at. So the stars are aligned for me to have a Longest Hermit Stitching Weekend Marathon. So no cabin this weekend. I have warned Mom and Jeremiah. It's actually on the calendar that is displayed on our fridge to pretend I'm not here. The food is going to be delivered or is fast and easy to prepare. Snacks are on stand by. TV shows are ready and waiting to be binge watched off my DVR.

So what are my stitching plans? I seen some people are planning to switch pieces at a certain time like an hour on each piece. I seen some people picking one WIP to make progress on the whole day Friday and then a different one for the weekend. So I had a midnight brain storm one night and came up with my fun plan for the weekend...
This is my couch full of projects ready to go. I put all my YOW (Year of WIPs), Extreme YOW WIPs, 5 Old WIPs, and 5 New Starts names onto pieces of paper and put it into my Tinkerbell tin. Starting tomorrow morning I will have Mom or Jeremiah draw a paper. I will pick a goal for the piece and write that down. For example finish a section, finish a color, certain number of stitches, certain amount of time, or something like that. When I reach that goal they will pick the next paper. I'm going to leave the paper for the one completed out that way I have the most about of WIPs touched over the weekend. I can't wait to see what progress I can make. I can't wait to see how many different pieces I'll be able to work in. There are some I really can't wait to work on. Yes there are some I really hope don't get picked. I need to remember a stitch is at least progress though. For those that just aren't as exciting I will just set smaller goals. So let's see the possible WIPs in my tin...

From my YOW List:
4 Seasons by Erica Michaels -- Working on Winter
99 Bottles of Beer by Ink Circles -- Have 45 Bottles Done
Beer Dragon from Paine Free Crafts
Cabin Fever a Mill Hill Kit
Christmas Celebrations by Frosted Pumpkin
Christmas Jars by Dimensions -- Have 2 Done of the Set of 4
Dragon Eye by Eva's Designs
Love 2 Stitch by Hinzeit -- New Start
Merry Noel by Hinzeit -- New Start
Polar Bear Ornament by Durene Jones -- New Start
Salt Water Taffy by Joan Elliott
Santa Ornament by Durene Jones -- New Start
Spring Bell Pull by Stoney Creek Magazine -- Working on the N Block
Under the Sea SAL from Lakeside Needlecraft -- Need to add last 5 months
Wish Upon a Starfish

From my Extreme YOW List:
Best Friend Santa a Mill Hill Kit
Dream of the Sea from Hands on Designs
Evergreen Snowman a Mill Hill Kit
Free to Be Me by Val's Stitching Stuff
Halloween Mini's by Artecy
Park it Here from Noteworthy Needle
Seaside Sampler a Mill Hill Kit
To The Beach Freebie from Hands on Design

5 Older WIPs I picked out:
Paw Print by AAN
Inner Tube a Mill Hill Kit
All I need is Love from Rovaris
Family Blessing by Needle Bling Designs
Wave Dancer by Dinky Dyes Designs

5 New Possible Starts I picked out:
Autumn Blessing from Waxing Moon Designs
A Little Beach from Lizzie Kate
Woof Block from Hands on Design
Beach Ball a Mill Hill Kit
Flip Flops a Mill Hill Kit

I will be back Monday with an update on my weekend. I can't wait to see what comes out to play. Are you going to join in? Grab your stitching and stitch along. Let's see how many X's we can make together.

9 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am so excited about this! I love your idea and would love to be able to do the same one year. But Friday is looking good and I can get 3-4 hours on Saturday and Sunday.

shutterbug (Elaine) said...

First, can you believe I'm actually on your blog? I always forget to check it. Mine probably has cobwebs by now. I feel better about how many wips/UFOs I have now, lol. I didn't know about the Longest Day marathon but I will be stitching because it's IHSW. And because the new Monster room comes out tomorrow. Have a great stitchy weekend! It's supposed to rain all weekend here and Jerry works so it should be productive for me. Remind me to check your blog after you post! ��

Cathy said...

You sure got a lot done on Adjust Your Sales. I don't typically participate in these kinds of SALs and won't be participating this weekend either. In fact, I may be dumping all of my SALs soon. But I love what you're going to do to choose your next project and how you're going to set goals for each one.

Faith... said...

Adjust Your Sails looks great and you have been stitching up a storm on that piece.

I like your idea and hope it works out for you. I look forward to your update about how it has gone!

Rachel said...

Wow! Adjust Your Sails has grown so much in the last few days. It's obvious that you are enjoying it!

I am so excited for your long weekend of ultra-intensive stitching. Murphy's Law says the names picked out of the tin will be for projects you don't really want to work on but, like you said, one stitch is still progress. Conversely I wonder if there will be one or more projects you have to force yourself to put down because you really don't want to stop. Oooh, cant wait for your Monday post!!! :)

Rhona said...

Adjust your Sails is such a pretty design......and you've got so much done!
You're so organized having all your projects ready to go.....I really have to be more like that.

jhm said...

Great Job Katie! I only got 3 hours of stitching done on Friday. Maybe the rest of the week-end will be better. Certainly not as organized as you are.

Julie said...

Hope you achieved lots ... i'll probably see later today as I catch up on blog reading and see an update post LOL

Astrids dragon said...

WOW, you are certainly organized! When are you coming over to organize my stash?!
Moving on to your next post - I'm trying to catch up on blog reading today.