Aug 27, 2019

August Gifted Gorgeousness

I'm catching up on blog reading and noticed I missed a Gifted Gorgeousness check in. Luckily the link up is still open so I'm going to throw together a post so I can join in.

On the 15th of every month we are to post on things we have been stitching on that we have either received as a gift or are stitching as a gift for someone.

So let's see what I have been working on since the last time that fits this theme.



I finished up the Mill Hill Flip Flops and they were quickly stolen by my mom. Does that count as a gift? Haha.
99 Bottles of Beer is a gift to my hubby if I ever finish it.
Mom's Nautical Year piece was finished and she happily has it on display. This set if from the Sand, Sea & Cross Stitch book. So happy I found it for her.

That's all right now. My Aunt asked me to stitch her something. So someday I need to stitch her up something with a chicken on it. I did see a really cute Chicken Mill Hill I might get to stitch for her. She LOVES her chickens.

7 comments:

Faith... said...

Looks like you have a lucky Mom! Great stitching as always Katie.

Rachel said...

It seems nearly anything you stitch that is nautical related is bound to end up in your mom's hands so should always be started knowing it will probably be 'stolen', bless her! How would she (and you for that matter) cope if you threatened to strike from stitching any more nautical pieces??? :)

Christine said...

Great stitching, I'm not surprised your Mum claimed the flip-flops, they're so cute

Cathy said...

Nice stitching. I love that your mom enjoys your stitching and that you choose projects you know she'll like, too.

Bethan said...

Great stitching - I can see why your mum stole the flip flops! x

Astrids dragon said...

Well, she's family so I think she's entitled to it. She's got good taste, they're cute! And August is sweet too.
The bottles are looking good, I'm sure he's waiting patiently for you to finish it!
Did you find a chicken pattern yet?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG in August. Maternal theft absolutely counts as a gift!

Looking forward to seeing the chicken now.