Jan 27, 2020

#24HOCS January Marathon Day 3

This was the first time I participated in the #24 Hours of Cross Stitch 24 Hours Marathon.

To break up the photo loading time I'm going to break the posts down to each day. I had a great time and got a TON of stitching done.

My goal was to work on 12 projects for 2 hours each. Let's see what I worked on Sunday.

Sunday I got a total of 7 Hours and 42 Minutes.

Woke up late again. Feeling a ton better finally. We decided to have a nice breakfast. No cooking for 2 days was sure nice though. We had pancakes and eggs. Yummy.

Noon I was ready to go for Day 3. 4 Projects left on my list. Let's Get Spooky was first for the day. This was one of the Ursula Michael word play design. I was really in love with them a bit ago. I started this one in January 2016 for the DUCJC (Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge). Here it was from that start day...
2:12pm I reached 2 hours on the timer...
2:25pm Free to Be Me from Val's Stuff is ready to go. Another Jeremiah piece. He is so patriotic. I have worked on this one a few times down at our cabin. Here is the before...
I reached 2 hours on my stop watch and reluctantly put it down. This project is on my WIPgo board for this year so when the number gets called for it I have decided it will be finished. Really won't take much more really. Here it is now...
5:50pm our WWE pay per view was starting. This is my favorite pay per view of the year. Lots of action but I thought a lot of stitching time too. There were some matches I just couldn't stitch and watch. So I noticed I did put my stitching down a lot. Time for Flock Together another fun Hands on Design piece. Here it was before from 2017 progress...
9:00 I finally hit the 2 hour mark. Told you I put it down a lot. Here it is now...
This was another one I didn't want to put down.

Last piece is another from this series from Hands on Design. Grab Life. Here it was before...
It hasn't been out since the start day for the Longest Day SAL in 2017. I tried working on it but the show was too good. I did reach 1 hour and 42 minutes on the timer before admitting defeat and putting it down...

So I hit 23 Hours and 37 Minutes over the whole weekend!!! Wow. I had a blast but I'm glad we don't do this every weekend. I enjoy the working on different pieces but there were a few that I really didn't want to put down. There were a few that went on forever. My eyes were so tired each night haha. It felt like way too much work and concentration. I like to be able to mix in life with my stitching.

Now back to just enjoying my stitching and I probably should do all the chores that I put off hahaha. Thanks goes to my family for putting up with my "work" weekend. Don't worry I'm back on duty now. Thanks for reading along. Hope you enjoyed it. Remember I posted the model photos on the post right before these progress photos. If you want to look back and see what one of the pieces is going to look like when finished. 

8 comments:

Faith... said...

Awww Let's Get Spooky is to cute to be scary! I am impressed with how many pieces you got in over the weekend! Sounds like you had a great time stitching the weekend away, unfortunately now comes reality and housework.

Carol said...

You made great progress on all, Katie! That flamingo piece is so adorable. Good luck catching up with the housework :)

Cathy said...

I'm sorry you couldn't manage the extra 23 minutes, but over 23 hours of stitching in three days is amazing! Will you participate in more of these challenges?

Julie said...

WELL DONE....you did amazing on this marathon, so much progress on each of the projects.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous weekend's work! I'd love to be able to do the 24 hour marathon.
On this post, the Hands On Designs are my favourites. I really like Cathy's style and enjoy her FlossTube videos.

Bethan said...

Amazing work! I have tried to stitch during WWE and for some parts I too find it impossible! You have made a lot of dents in many projects x

Astrids dragon said...

You had a very productive weekend, good for you!
I love your Let's Get Spooky, almost tempting to stop at the kitty.
I'm impressed with all your progress and how you managed your time on each one, I'm not that organized!

Rachel said...

Oh wow, what an achievement on Sunday and over the whole weekend. Congratulations for working on all of your 12 projects and for almost the full 24 hours too. Your family are so good at understanding your hobby and all the little events which are involved.
I'm assuming that some of these projects you didn't want to put down will be reappearing soon as you attempt to finish them.
Are you planning on joining in with another 24 hour marathon this year? :)