Jan 27, 2020

Monday Update / January WIPocalypse

I'm going to squeeze my Monday update in with my January WIPocalypse. WIPocalypse is a fun blog SAL where we have one simple goal....to complete all our WIPs before the end of the world. Okay not so easy when you are like me and start all the things haha. Those wonderful designers need to just stop designing then I might just might catch up sometime in 300 years. So I like to use this SAL as an excuse to keep track of what I've been working on. Then I look back and show my before and after progress each month with what I've worked on since the last WIPocalypse post. Head over to Measi's check in post to see what else people have been working on.

The last WIPocalypse was just an intro post. So let's look back to the beginning of the year to see what I've been working on so far this year.

Lili of the Valley Fairies -- 5 Days. Started and Finished the January fairy...
Merry Noel from Hinzeit -- 2 Days. Finished up this cutie...
99 Bottles of Beer from Ink Circles -- 2 Days. I have a goal this year of adding 4 bottles a month to finish this one in 2020. January's 4 bottles finished off the 5th shelf...
Winter Time from New York Dreamer -- 3 Days. I had 4 Days into this one before the start of January. Here it was before...
Here it is now after Day 7...
Stitcher's Code SAL a Stitchingly SAL -- 5 Days. Started and finished part 4 of this fun SAL...
Homely Houseplants -- 2 Days. Got my fabric ready for the upcoming SAL from Stitchonomy...
Beer Dragon from Paine Free Crafts -- 5 Days. Put in 800 stitches this time around. Here it was before this time...
I finished off the column with the 800 stitches...
Boba Fett from Valenti Cross Stitch -- 2 Days. Put in 6 hours and 16 minutes this month. I had 2 days of progress before January...
Now I have the 1st page finished after Day 4...
Over the weekend I had a marathon and made progress on 12 other projects but I've already posted about them on the posts before this. If interested please look at those posts.

I've stitched every day this month! I'm very happy about that. I have said it a million times but I love these lazy winter months.

Measi asked us about the SALs we are participating and I already shared them in my Welcome WIPocalypse post.

So I've shared with you my week last week for my Monday update too mixed in. Monday and Tuesday I worked on Beer Dragon and finished up the last 400 stitches in the column I was working on. The rest of Tuesday and Wednesday I worked on Boba and finished up the first page. Thursday I worked on Winter Time. You've already seen my weekend insanity. What a fun time. Now back to regularly scheduled stitching. I want to work on my last 3 acrostic pieces this week.

Saturday is the first of February and all kinds of stitching fun is starting. Homely Houseplants we get the first plant. #ILovetoStitch challenge starts. Plus I will start my February Fairy.

Have a great week! If you are here only for the WIPocalypse see ya next post February 29th.

13 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Only forty-four bottles to go! Good job! I love Wintertime by New York Dreamer - such a pretty design.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Not many more beers to go, great work on it. I love your scissors pillow

Rhona said...

Those lily of the valley designs are just soooo cute! I think I'll have to try and track down the patterns as my daughter would love these! Great progress with your other designs too.

Julie said...

With the HAED Beer Dragon you can see so much has been done now you have completed the square.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have had a terrific month! So many gorgeous projects and finishes too,
I fell down a rabbit hole last night - the artist who painted the Beer Dragon has a whole series of Drink themed dragons as well as some fruit and veg dragons and other lovely artwork.

Cathy said...

I love the projects you've stitched this month!

Carol said...

You are such a prolific stitcher, Katie! Love the variety of things that you choose, to! Well done you :)

DJ said...

Wow! Look at you go! I'm cheering you on from the sidelines here. I love all your projects, so varied and fun! I can't believe how much stitching you got done over the weekend! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better too!

jocondine said...

You've done so much, impressive! All your WIP are lovely, the January fairy is so cute I love her. xxx

Bethan said...

I love that you keep count of the stitches you have done and have to go...there is a crazy amount of stitches when you think about it! Great progress this month - I have enjoyed catching up on all your posts x

Faith... said...

Oh my Katie, you have so much stitching going on! It all looks great and you are making awesome progress on everything.

Astrids dragon said...

You've got some fabulous finishes and great progress on your WIPS! I like how you are outlining Boba Fett as you go, it's neat to see.

Rachel said...

When you add in your marathon weekend stitching to the WIPocalypse stitching it's clear what a fantastic month January was for you! Congratulations on all your achievements for the month! :)