Jan 13, 2020

Monday Update

Howdy. It's Monday so let's see what I've been up to. Last week I had a good stitching week. Last Monday I already shared with you that I finished Merry Noel. So Tuesday I got to work on my 99 Bottles monthly 4 bottles goal. Wednesday I finished up the goal of adding the 4 bottles...
Here is a close up so you can see the 4 bottles I added. This finished off the 5th shelf so I stitched the shelf as well. Here is the whole piece now...
Updated my counter on the right side. 44 Bottles Left now.

Thursday I had my finishing day I reported already. Then I pulled out Winter Time. My goal for the month was to add 4 hours to it. Here it was before...
I put in 4 Hours 15 Minutes...
This one is really fun to work on. Love the way it's turning out. I do have to tell those who knew I was planning on giving these charts away when I am finished. I might not be able to do that. The owner of the charts that gave them to me has a sister and she really wants these charts back when I finish them. I'm sorry to the few that were really interested in hopefully winning these charts.

Saturday I started another piece from my acrostic goals. This is Stitchingly's SAL called Stitcher's Code...
The designs are done by Durene Jones. Part 5 has since been released too...
Love it!!! So true for me haha. I'm doing this SAL but as individual pieces instead of a full project. I let Jeremiah pick 1 through 5. He picked 4. So I got started on the scissors block in the first photo. Here is my progress after the weekend...
I'm stitching them on 18ct white aida with the suggested DMC threads. Going to do my little double sided pillow finish for these.

Sunday Janet from Janet Jabber Flosstube channel hosted a gathering for stitchers. We got together at a hospital cafeteria of all places but I'll tell you what it was actually perfect. We had wonderful lighting. Comfy chairs. More than enough room. Restrooms, Food, and lots of parking of course. It worked wonderful. Plus it was probably less than 2 miles from my house. So even better! There were 4 of us close friends and another local lady from Fort Wayne that attended. It was wonderful. Of course I would much rather it be a whole weekend retreat. But it felt like a mini 3 hour retreat. It was so motivating. (Not that I have been having a problem with that lately haha). We gabbed and gabbed. I did get 1 hour and 32 minutes worth on stitching in the 2 to 5 pm time span haha. Yep too much talking. It was a lot of fun. She is already talking about setting up a date for February. I really hope I am available to attend.

Sunday after I got back home we finally got a chance to watch the new Joker movie. Wow! What an actor Joaquin Phoenix was in that. He sure nailed that role! We really enjoyed it a lot. Also finished up Chernobyl the mini series that was on HBO. What a sad event. I'm not normally a historical event show type of person but I am really glad we watched that series. Amazing how accurate they made the show compared to the real photos and videos. Definitely a story that deserved to be told.

Now it's a new week. I hope everyone has a great one. I'm going to keep working on the Stitcher's Code Part 4 until I finish it up. Be back to share that with you when it happens.

11 comments:

Julie said...

You are whizzing along with your January plans Katie, completing the 5th shelf certainly does make it look great on the bottles piece.
The 'winter' is very pretty, the blue for the W is particularly striking.
It's always nice to meet with stitching friends, even just for a few hours and have a catch up chat and stitch.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on 99, each finished motif really helps the motivation.
I guess we will all have to go out and purchase the Winter and other seasons now! You are making them so tempting,
The Quotes are great fun too.

DJ said...

WOW you sure are stitching up a storm there!! Love the bottles, what fun to just pick a number of them to stitch, it's great motivation and before you know it they will all be done!! Love the Winter, you'll have to remind me the designer, maybe I can find them here. What fun to stitch with other stitchers. There is a small group of us that get together once a month to stitch, it's so much fun to get together with other ladies and chat. It's been a while since I've been able to attend, though. Keep on stitching, it's look looking wonderful!!

Carol said...

Great bunch of stitching, Katie, but that Winter piece is my favorite. It is SO beautiful--love the cardinals and all the sweet details the designer incorporated. Hope you have a great week ahead :)

Christine said...

Great stitching, I love the beer bottles!

Rachel said...

Another fantastic week, with the added bonus of meeting stitchy friends too. I think you did quite well to stitch at all during your yapping!
Good to see another new start too... it's been so long since your last one!! I hope you really enjoy stitching up these DJ cushions. :)

Cathy said...

It looks like you had a really good stitchy week! I like the idea of pillowing the Stitcher's Code.

Paula H said...

You accomplished a lot this week! I've been reading your blog for a while now, and I enjoy watching your progress, especially when I don't have much time to stitch myself!

Faith... said...

I just love your Winter Time, it is so pretty. What fun to be able to join other stitchers and a meeting in a hospital; who would have thought?! Hope you have another great week coming up!

Bethan said...

You really are on a role! If you meet your targets, like four bottles a month, do you then do more or just leave it until the next month? I love the SAL, so much so I am checking it out! I like your idea to make it individual pieces though x

Astrids dragon said...

Look at you go, the bottles are coming along great! Paul said if I would stitch specific labels, I could make it for him... way too much work!
Winter Time looks beautiful so far, another temping piece.
Stitcher's Code looks like a fun one, and all true!
How wonderful that you are getting together with Janet and friends. I have a couple groups that get together and we always have a good time.