Jan 10, 2020

FFG - January

Today is the 10th of the month which means it's time for a Fully Finished Gallery post. Rachel has given us the perfect push to finish off our stitching so it can displayed like it deserves to be. I sure needed it. I have a bin full of old pieces that need finished. I call it the box of shame. Those lovely pieces don't deserve to be in there at all. So watch those counters on my right side. I plan to do better on those!

Head over to Rachel's check in post to see what lovelies have been finished this month.

Let's look back and see what I've finished off since the last check in post.

December 20th Snowflake SAL from Stitchonomy was finished. I did my first hoop finish...
I also finished the December Lizzie Kate on the 20th...
January 4th I went to my LNS and picked up some framing...
These are Box of Shame finishes. The top ones are Pine Mountain Snapshots 7 were stitched in 2017. 5 were stitched in 2018. You are Loved was finished in 2018. Ocean in  a Bottle was finished in 2019. So 14 total Box of Shame pieces finished off!!!

Yesterday I pulled out all my sewing stuff again finally. First I had way too much fun organizing. Got my fabrics all into sections so it's easier to find what I need. Christmas in one pile. Halloween in another. Now of course I want to go shopping. Spreading it out makes you realize it's not as much as you thought you had haha. Anyway after playing with everything I did have some more finishes...

January Fairy was first up...
The fabric under her is what's on the back. I thought the snowflake fabric was perfect for the back of her. Next up was Merry Noel...
Rachel sent me this gorgeous fabric in my 40th birthday present last May. I love it. I think it was the perfect fit for the back of this one. Both this and the fairy are new finishes for 2020.

Last up was a fun finish on a piece from 2017. Harvest Garden Mill Hill...
I bought this wooden pumpkin at AC Moore when we were traveling. I painted it. Glued the Harvest Garden on and some fun things around it. I just LOVE how it turned out. Fall button pack, 3 burlap flowers, and 2 gorgeous resin flowers.

So a whopping 19 finishes to report this month. I'm beyond happy. Rachel I told you that you would be proud of me.

So let's count them all up now because of this SAL...

2019 I reported 41 finishes
Jan -- 19 more
Total of 60!!!

Awesome! Now to keep adding to it. I plan to finish off the fairy each month and at least 1 piece from my Box of Shame. Here's hoping I can stick with it.

13 comments:

StitchThrifty said...

You are doing really well. I also have a bin of finishes, that are not fully finished. I even have Harbor Haven laying on the frame on top of my dresser waiting to be finished (It's been there months). This is part of the reason I have decide I like big projects, lol less room in the bin!!

Ann C. said...

Very nice finishes Katie. I hope you can continue throughout the year.

Carol said...

Wow! You have been one productive finisher this year, Katie! And I really don't think unfinished things from a couple years ago are too bad at all--I'd hate to tell you how far back some of mine go :(

Enjoy your weekend! Hope you are getting the same warm weather that we are!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You are the Queen of Finishes this month. They look amazing!

The pumpkin board was a great find.

Julie said...

WOW .... you are on a roll. So many lovely things you have shown us this time.

Faith... said...

Wow you did an awesome job Katie and what a great way to kick off the new year. Everything looks wonderful.

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a super lot of finishes, your fairy is so cute

DJ said...

Whew! You sure started off 2020 with a bang! Well done! I decided last year to frame some of my favorite things I've finished. I'll continue this year too, I'm inspired by your finishing! Can't wait to see what else was lurking in your box of shame!

Mary said...

So many lovely and beautiful finishes.

Rachel said...

You are right, I'm really proud of you this month, although let's not also forget to congratulate your framer who made a lot of these finishes possible! Everything looks awesome; you've both done a really good job coordinating colours etc. I especially like the driftwood type effect of your Ocean In A Bottle frame.
Thanks for taking part. Same number again next month?!!! :)

Bethan said...

Lots of lovely FFO - I love the backing fabric for Merry Noel x

Suzanne H said...

I've popped over from the Fully Finished Gallery what a terrific amount of finishes for you! I follow your blog and love reading about your stitching and family travels. Happy New Year and look forward to your 2020 adventures.

Astrids dragon said...

More fantastic finishes! I really love how you finished the pumpkin, what a great idea.