Apr 14, 2020

Late Monday Update / FFG

I am really jealous of everyone who talks about having all this extra time. They are going crazy because of nothing to do. Where is my time??? Can you find it and send it my way?

FFG is the 10th of the month. The idea of FFG is to Fully Finish our stitching instead of just hiding it away. I've been really trying hard to finish my older stitching that is hiding in my box of shame. You would think with all this magical time because of this crisis I would have extra time.....NOPE. I finished my March fairy but I really want fabric with little Easter eggs on it and of course our fabric stores are all closed so I'm going to wait I think. Plus the day last week I was going to get out my sewing machine I just needed the day to stitch and breath. I know you all understand that.

I do have one finish to share though. You seen it in my Easter blog hop. But here it is a little closer now...

It was a fun fast stitch. Just took me 2 days. It is going to be for NeedleCraft Haven Easter Exchange. It became a virtual exchange though because some areas have the post office closed. So we are saving them for later to mail. Until then it is proudly on display.

Here is my recap for FFG now...
2019 I reported 41
Jan -- 19
Feb -- 6
Mar -- 0 
April -- 1
Total of 67
Head over to Rachel's check in post here to see what others have finished up.
As I say all the time I'm really hoping things slow down. Right now when I do take a day I just want to sit and stitch. I feel so far behind. At least I finally finished the blog hop collecting all the letters today. How much fun was that??
I did get two days into my April Fairy last week too...
 Easter was different for a lot of people. I decided to make ours special. We packed up and went to our cabin. Mom, Izzy, Jeremiah and I left Friday morning. Fred came down after work Friday. (Yes he is still working every day.) So our Easter was different. We celebrated with my Dad and Bev and had a delicious meal picnic style. Honestly it was my favorite Easter in a long time and I feel a little guilty for that. I know so many people didn't get to do what they wanted. I love our cabin. I love my dad and our new chosen family way of being together. We hide Easter goodies around inside the cabin for Jeremiah. He loved it. My dad hide baskets for all us outside......all of us. Even my mom got a basket from my Dad. How freaking sweet. I literally had tears in my eyes coming home. It went perfect. Wow. What a blessing our cabin has been. Now to just make our home the same way. 

I'm slowly getting caught up. Last thing to do is to read through my blog list. I'm so glad to see all the posts but I keep getting so far behind. Can everyone just shush for a little bit? Haha. 

Take care. Stay healthy. Have a great week. Find time.....send me some extra if you can haha. Thanks for being my readers.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Your Easter celebration sounds wonderful Katie.
Sweet finish for the exchange, so pleased you took part in it.
Take care x

Mary said...

Very cute finish.

Rhona said...

Love your Easter finish! I'm pretty certain I have that chart somewhere in my stash....I really should get round to stitching it as it's super cute. I like how you stitched the year on the back too!

Cathy said...

Your bunny is cute and your Easter sounds great. I'm sorry you're so busy though!

DJ said...

Your Easter sounds perfect! I'm so glad, in the middle of all the uproar, you were able to find some time for rest, relaxation, and fun family time. I love your little bunny!! I know I have that pattern around here somewhere, you've given me incentive to stitch it. I hope you find some time...if not, don't stress, eventually things will balance out. Happy Stitching!

Faith... said...

Love the Easter finish but your fairy isn't looking quite like a fairy yet.

Tiffstitch said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a great Easter! We did too, despite not getting together with friends. DD got to hunt eggs in the backyard and we made a bunny cake and she kept saying what a fun day she had. That is so amazing of your Dad! Definitely one to remember for great reasons.

Rachel said...

A belated thank you for your participation this (last!) month with a real cutie. Glad you're managing to stay safe and mostly sane. :)