Feb 6, 2021

People's Choice -- Birds

 

Today is time for a fun blog post. It's the People's Choice. The lovely Jo gives us a theme and the first Saturday of the month we are to make up a post about whatever we feel fits that theme. Sounds like fun doesn't it? Then join in. Head over here for the check in post. 

Now to make up my post.

I have always loved birds. When I was a little kiddo I stayed at my mom's parent's house quite a bit. They had a bird feeder right outside a large window. I would up on the top of a cabinet and stare out the window for hours watching the birds. I had a little book and was on a mission to find out what each little bird was that landed out there to eat. Now that I'm 41 it has never changed haha. I still love all birds. We have feeders everywhere haha. I even have one at our cabin. Now as far as my stitching you would assume I've stitched a lot right? Not very many at all. Wow. I really need to fix this! Here are a few I've stitched though...

I would really like to find one with a whole bunch of different birds at a bird feeder. I don't like some of the ones I've seen since the birds don't look realistic. The lovely Rachel has stitched up some adorable little birds though so I just might have to go hunting for those patterns. Like I need more to work on right haha. I do have some ocean birds in progress. So that is nice. But I would like some of our local birds. We'll see. Have a great weekend. See ya Monday for a Monday update.

9 comments:

DJ said...

Awww such a cute flock of birds! I love how each one represents a different time of year! I stitched some birds at a feeder for my Mom from a Stoney Creek magazine years ago! It's hanging in my house now...they have lovely realistic looking bird patterns, and so does Crossed Wing Collection. You may find what you're looking there on their websites. Good luck!!

Carol said...

Oh, I love birds, too, Katie so I loved seeing your bird themed finishes! I think my favorite has to be that pretty cardinal in the first one--it's gorgeous! Hope you have a great week ahead! ♥

Kaisievic said...

You have stitched some lovely birds, Katie.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I do love your choice of birds but you need more!
It's lovely to see them all on a feeder or using a bird bath. We had an entire flock of Sparrows this summer, taking turns in the bath, it was fun to watch.

Ann C. said...

You have a nice collection of stitched birds.

Astrids dragon said...

So many lovely birds, I'm still waiting for the cardinals to show up at our feeder.

Rachel said...

I would have thought you'd stitched more birds too. I guess there must be lots of seagulls and ravens hiding in nautical and Halloween pieces?
Gobble til you wobble made me giggle. What a lovely expression! :)

Mary's Thread said...

I LOVE that first one, it is so gorgeous. Is it petit point? As to a realistic bird feeder pattern, have you seen the Crossed Wing Collection one ? I looked up the title-it is called Thistle Stop. Maybe that will fit the bill!

Faith... said...

The Christmas piece is so pretty, though I really love the turkeys!