Nov 7, 2021

Hello *echo echo*

Is anyone out there any more? May 17th was my last post. Wow! I will not say sorry. I will not say sorry. Haha we all know I say that way too much. Wow May. So much has changed. We pretty much lived at our cabin. All the possible time we could. No joking. Jeremiah and I sure did at least. I packed my stitching... I did. I put a few FEW stitches in during that time. Then according to my records after August 27th I quit stitching completely.

Quick recap of life before stitching update. April 1st Izzy our dog my baby girl turned 13 and her life took a turn for the worse. Poor girl had an emergency vet appointment for a bday present. Found out she had an infection, internal bleeding, possible spleen cancer, no hope really just treat the symptoms and love her. Boy we did. She LOVED the cabin so we spent a lot of time there. A lot. We ended her suffering July 14th which was the hardest thing to do. Jeremiah cried harder than I had ever seen him cry. But it was time...

 
Poor girl couldn't lift her head the last day. She knew it was time. Hurt us so bad but we seen all the signs. Trust me. Boy the tears are coming again with this post. She was a fantastic dog and my baby girl indeed. My dad built a beautiful casket and her final resting place is right by her happy place our cabin. She has a beautiful place of honor and watches over us still.

In August we started our search for a new furbaby. What a hard thing to find. We couldn't find what we wanted. I about gave up. Guessed I just didn't deserve a dog. I started following the local shelters just in case. Then late August I got the alert of this 7/8 month old pup looking for a home. We went to see him and fell in love right away. Our first real rescue. Boy he knows it too. He is so thankful for his home and makes us know it every single day since...

His name is Spike. He's a black and tan beagle/mix. He was abandoned and left outside by some idiot and rescued by the shelter. We don't know how long but he had some adjustment time. He is afraid of the dark. At first he hated riding in the vehicle. I assume they drove him to let him out. But now he loves it. We did a lot of rides to fun places. He realized finally he always gets to come home. He's a complete dork and we love him so much. We really truly believe Izzy sent this earth angel to us. He loves to take long walks with me and especially loves wrestling around with his new brother Jeremiah.

We spent most of his new weeks with us at the cabin. Just a perfect place to get used to his new family. He settled right in. No potty mistakes other than two squirts. He loves all people which is amazing. Our last two dogs just hated people. Anyway you aren't here to hear me blab about how much I love my new dog.

So with our new puppy I sure didn't have time to stitch. Plus walking. Plus we did a lot of improvements at the campground including a cement floor in our big red barn that we hand did. So I guess last time I stitched was around August 27th!!!!

Last post I was working on April from Year of Celebrations. I finished April, May and got a start on June...


Yesterday I finally decided enough is enough. I want Balance (my word for 2022 by the way). Felt weird working on June again so I started November...

Ohhh it felt great to stitch again. Then I knew I wanted to blog again. I miss my blogging friends so bad. So I went and cleared my blog reader. No way I could catch up. I would love to see what you lovely ladies have been working on but I will see it when you post next. I'm sure it was beautiful. I can't wait to see. Trust me. 

Will I be here every Monday again? I don't know. I will sure try. I will hopefully be stitching again. I did today. Finished the top half of November...

I just hope to find more balance and find a way to work everything I want to do in somehow. Love yourself. I appreciate you all. See ya in your next posts hopefully.

10 comments:

diamondc said...

Katie: I am so sorry about your baby Izzy,, she is in a better place and not suffering.
It is good to see a post from you.
Fun photos of you Jeremiah and Spike, Krissy says hello to the handsome Spike.
Nice stitching, its fun to see the months progress.
Looking forward to seeing more posts and updates on Spike.

Catherine

LindaLee said...

I am so sorry about your sweet furbaby. We too lost our Riley just a couple of months ago, and still miss him. We got him from a shelter 15 years ago, and he was about one at the time. Praise God for our little furbabies though, and we do still have Guthrie and Tiny Girl.

I too am forever apologizing for being absent from my blog. I have people like yourself who have been faithful followers, and I thank you for that. I spend time at my group, LindaLee's Cross SAL on Face Book each day, and of course my stitching big time. Not enough time at my blog though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or my housework!

I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy your summer at the camp, and I love all the cross stitch pieces you've done.

You have a great Thanksgiving my dear friend.

Carol said...

It's great to see a post from you, Katie! Sounds like a busy few months for you filled with highs and lows. Life, in other words. I'm so very sorry about your dog... it's so hard to say goodbye to them. Glad Spike has found a loving new home with your family. My son's black and white cat is named Spike as well which I think is a very funny name for a cat, but he has a white "spike" of fur running down his forehead :)

Glad to see you've been stitching again--have a great week!

Cathy said...

I'm glad you're back; I've missed you! I haven't been around much or stitched much either. And definitely haven't been posting. I'm sorry to hear about Izzy, but I am glad to hear you and Spike have bonded. I am going to do that set of monthlies sometime!

Faith... said...

Welcome back to blogland, ao glad to see you posting again Katie. You have been missed here and Rachel was just asking me about you!

Sorry about Izzy. You guys certainly gave him plenty of love and not only at the end but all the time and I know he loved you all. Happy you guys found Jerimiah another little brother! Every time I see pictures of him with Spike he always has the biggest smile on his face.

As far as the stitching goes your pieces look great and I am glad your stitchy bug seems to be alive and well.

Once again... WELCOME BACK!

Claudette497 said...

It's great to see you! I'm so sorry about your loss, it's so hard. Your new dog looks so happy to have found you.

Rachel said...

WELCOME BACK!!! So good to see a post from you again and catch up on all your news. Sorry to hear about Izzy. You did your best for her, and if she sent Spike to you then her spirit will live on through him.
Good to see some stitching too, including a couple of finishes!
Going forwards, I hope you find that Balance you need. Maybe the Thanksgiving/Christmas celebrations will be a positive turning point (and don't forget, there's a certain picture I expect to see appear early December!!) :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad to see you back again! I guess our end of year recap posts will be good for you to catch up!
Glad that your new dog is settling so well too.
The Celebrations are looking good.

jhm said...

Katie
Good to "hear" from you again. I've missed you. I can't say that I had very many posts the last few months. Too much to do and yet the stitching continues on. Can't really get down to Fancy works either - road closures make the trip even longer and I can't be away from home that long of a day. Maybe some day.
Sorry about Izzy. It's hard to let go. We have cats and all have been a rescue from early ages. We have #2 (Max) and #3 (Hunter) right now. Never more than 2 though.
so good to hear from you again.
Jackie

Astrids dragon said...

Trying to catch up on some blog reading and it's wonderful to have you back!
So sorry about Izzy, you were all blessed to be together all that time. It looks like Spike (which reminds me of our elf!) is certainly a character, what a cutie! Paw picked by Izzy I'm sure.
I'm glad you're stitching again, I think I'd go with November too.