Mar 1, 2022

Proper Update Post

 

(3) February 28th
Spring Time
from New York Dreamer
Stitched on 32ct Vintage Country Mocha Lugana
Using Suggested GAST, CCC and DMC threads
Started Feb 1, 2022. Took 25 Days.
Total Time 10 Hours and 58 Minutes
 
I was busy stepping yesterday. I hit 19k which is my personal most in a day since I got my Fitbit. It was for a fun push yourself challenge and boy did I push myself. 
 
Personal Information. Last week was a weird one. Monday I found out about my breast exam needing more images. Then Tuesday my dad called to tell me that one of the man cave guys that Jeremiah loved so much passed away. It was very unexpected. It was eerie though because it was exactly one month after his wife passed away. So if you ask me it was clearly broken heart syndrome. He was her caretaker for 30 years. I think he just didn't know what to do with himself with him being gone. Fred was able to get off work a few hours early and we headed down to the man cave for an emergency man cave meeting in his honor. It was a lovely gathering. Just so sad. He was only 66 years old. So make sure to live every day like it could be your last. Just never know.

I go in Thursday the 3rd for my follow up. They said I will know the answers before I leave since the person who reads the images will be there on site. So just a few more days of curious till we know. Saturday is my hubby's bday so we are going out to spend the day with friends. We are looking forward to it. Even Jeremiah is going to come along this time. 

Have a great week. Love yourself. Smile.

6 comments:

Claudette497 said...

So sorry about the loss of your friend.

Astrids dragon said...

A lovely finish, now if the real spring would show up and stick around.
Wow, you have been stepping up for sure! I was getting back into walking, but have to take a little break.
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, especially so soon after losing his wife.
Praying all is well for you tomorrow and have a great birthday celebration!

Carol said...

That is so sad to read about your friend's death so soon after his wife... He was a year younger than I am--really makes you think about how quickly life can change. I do hope your scan goes okay today, Katie.

Love your finish and great news on the steps--that is A LOT!! I usually do my 10,000 a day and call it quits. Take care now ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry for your loss, so often it happens that way when a couple have been so close.
The Spring piece is lovely, it is starting to feel like it might be on its way now!

Rachel said...

Life can be so unfair at times. Hope Jeremiah and the rest of your are coping with the losses.

Faith... said...

Sorry about the bad week. I hope this week is much better for you!