Jun 26, 2023

June 26th Monday Update

Hello Readers. Hope you all had a lovely weekend. We did. It was HOT but we didn't do much so that was okay. Fred had a fun HAM radio thing right from our porch. I sat with him a bit Saturday and read my book a little bit. So far I'm really into this book. Yes Stephen King goes off on tangents but I'm hooked. Then a family friend visited for a bit. Then we relaxed in the AC. Sunday I got time to stitch wohoo. So let's see what all I worked on last week...

Monday and Tuesday I caught up on the Blackwork SAL since I missed a week...

2 parts left now. 

Tuesday I was on a mission to also finish the Spring Seasonal Gnome from Soda Stitch. Since the first day of Summer was Wednesday. No luck. But several friends said they would just delay the start of Summer for me haha. Thursday I finally got Spring finished!!!

(8) June 22nd
Hello Four Seasons (Spring Gnome)
(Stitched Individually)
From Soda Stitch
Stitched on 32ct Light Blue Lugana
Using Suggested DMC Threads
Started Mar 20th 2023. Took 13 Days.
 
Winter took me 13 days too. How neat. Friday I finally started the Summer Gnome (2 days late Shhh)...

Love the ocean blues and ocean theme to this one of course but I'm bored of Gnomes for now. So Sunday I picked up Rainbow Dragon. She hasn't been out since Feb 19th...

New week. We have some plans. Groceries. Laundry.  But stitching should be okay during the day. 4th of July weekend will be weird. Fred has to work Monday but then off Tuesday. So really will feel like a normal weekend around here I bet. Supposed to hot but maybe chances of rain. We are still under a major drought here. We had storms predicted yesterday so we put everything away and was being extra safe. We got 10 drops of rain and wind. Down by Indianapolis there was a bad tornado thought so I guess we lucked out. Rain sure would have been nice. There are spots coming now though so any drops will help. Crazy weather. So many are having floods. We would appreciate even a drop.

Have a wonderful week. Love yourself. Smile. I think Rainbow Dragon will be out for a few days at least.

2 comments:

diamondc said...

Katie: Spring is just adorable.
You have so many lovely designs in stitch.
I hope you have a great week.

Catherine

Faith... said...

Congrats on the Spring Gnome finish! He looks good with his wheelbarrow full of flowers. Of course the Blackwork SAL looks great but all I can think of is every stitch is a stitch closer to the end. The Rainbow Dragon is looking good, I love all the colors in it. I was wondering about the tornado when I saw the news but then I saw you posting so I figured you guys were ok. Have an awesome week Katie!