Jun 19, 2023

June 19th Monday Update

Yes Yes I missed a week update. Fred had last week off work and I decided to enjoy time with him and not post on Monday. So here ya go a 2 week update.

June 5th Week....

Monday I added Week 23 to the Blackwork SAL...

Tuesday I finished up June...

(7) June 6th
June - A Year of Celebrations Season 2
from Hands on Design
Stitched on 32ct Dark Cobblestone Lugana
Using Suggested Classic Colorworks Threads
Started June 1st. Took 4 Days.
 
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday was more time on Simple Treasures...
Thursday I got happy mail...

I ordered 2 new Q-Snap Huggies (Grunge Guards) from CrabShackStitchery on Instagram. The shamrock one and the patriotic one. She threw in the compass rose one too. Love it! Fits perfect on my 8 inch Q-Snap. I love having new bling for my Q-Snaps.

Saturday we had a blast running around shopping. I got several new books. Found an adorable small second hand bookstore in a nearby town that I will definitely be going back to. I finally found Stephen King's Fairy Tale book in paperback. Been waiting forever for it to be released to paperback. Saturday night we went to watch Jeremiah's favorite band nearby. It was a long fun day.

Sunday I got the Spring Gnome back out of hiding. I was hoping to finish him up before Summer starts Wednesday.

Monday Fred has his first medical thing since 18 months old. He turned the lovely age of 45 and his doc suggested a colonoscopy. The prep wasn't too bad he said. Of course not fun. The procedure was Monday morning. So we relaxed after that. I worked on Spring Gnome instead of working on the Blackwork SAL part. Tuesday I worked on it too since we had another nice relaxing day. Here he is now...

He won't be done by Wednesday but boy he is close. I'm okay with that. I guess haha. The rest of the week we were busy busy busy. Saturday we had the band here at the campground so a lot of prep and getting things ready. We had a friend come from West Virginia and stay for a few nights. That was very nice. Lots of family and family I hadn't seen in a long time showed up. It was a lovely lovely night. I am exhausted haha. So worth it of course.

Plans....I need to add the 2 parts to the Blackwork SAL! I would love to finish that Spring Gnome. I also want to start the Summer Gnome. Of course now that pesky book is calling my name haha. I did finish a book on the 14th. First one in 6 years haha. I don't think it will be that long now though. I am definitely back in love with reading. Great another thing to find time for haha. 

Love yourself. Smile. Find time for things you love.


4 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello Katie: It looks like you have been very busy.
Super adorable finish's.
Spring is a lovely design, I am looking forward to seeing the Gnome added.
Nice addition to your Q-Snaps.
The Blackwork is so pretty.

Catherine

Mylene said...

A beautiful finish and Hello Spring is looking lovely!

Faith... said...

WOW Fred hasn't had any medical thingys since he was a baby? I consider that amazing! He is very lucky. I hope his results come back good. THe Blackwork SAL looks great but I absolutely love June! Simple Treasures looks good too. Sounds like you guys have had a very busy week with everything going on. Good luck trying to make time for everything LOL!!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Beautiful Progress on all of your WIPS.....they are so very pretty.

That is super great that Fred has had no Medical Issues...wow....

Take Care & Happy Stitching

Linda K, Buttercup