Nov 13, 2023

Nov 13th Monday Update

 Hello to my wonderful readers. Welcome to another Monday update. Let's look back and see what I worked on last week.

Monday and Tuesday I worked on a fun exchange piece. My first exchange in forever and a half. Loved working on it. I fully finished it Wednesday. I almost wanted to keep it but I hope my exchange partner loves it just as much. I will share when I can.

Wednesday after finishing that up I worked on the Fall Gnome. Thursday and Friday same thing. Here it is now...


It's a really bad photo but I was hurrying so I could finish this post and go stitch haha. I finished the words and made it to the gnome finally! They are fun to stitch up. Big blocks of the same color goes quickly which is always nice. So hopefully I'll be happy dancing soon.

Over the weekend we were busy. Hubby helped me get all the Halloween stuff put away in storage and I put out my fall decor. Love it!!! Then we pulled everything out of the storage under both beds. Swept all the dog hair! How does so much dog hair get stuck under and behind things?? Rearranged a lot of stuff. A whole van went to storage. A huge wagon load was burnt. Plus two big bags of trash. We sure had a lot of wasted stuff taking up space. So everything is clean and organized a lot better. 

Then we looked at the calendar and sat down and plan the rest of our weekends. Weekends just go too fast and we will blink and Christmas will be here. So we made plans of what we are doing and when. Now I'm excited for every weekend before Christmas. 

This coming weekend hubby is busy at a Amateur radio festival all weekend. It's IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend) too. So oh darn. Nothing planned other than stitching stitching and stitching. Then Fred has off a week but plans on deer hunting every moment he can. We have almost used up all our deer meat from last year's 4 deer. I know my dad is out of his meat too. So hopefully we'll catch some more this year. It's a lot of work to do up the meat but oh so worth it!!

Okay I'm off to stitch. I started rambling haha. Remember....Have a great week ahead. Love yourself. Smile. Stitch all the things!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Argh, Christmas preparations! Sounds like your next six weeks are going to be a lot of fun, especially now you've had a good tidy up and know how much space you have for new Christmas goodies!

Neospin said...

Your post is a masterpiece—brilliant, insightful, and a pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing your valuable perspective with us!

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: Lovely fall stitch design, I am looking forward to seeing your exchange gift finished.
Fall is very busy so many holidays so close together.
Have a lovely week.

Catherine

Faith... said...

Can't wait to see the secret piece! Ha Ha Forever and a half; I like that one. Autumn is certainly looking good and I think you will be finishes pretty quick especially with Fred gone for the weekend! Sounds like you and Fred have been busy! I always wonder where all the dog hair comes from too; seems like the dogs should be bald! Glad you guys are all organized on time and plans between now and Christmas. That way you won't miss anything important.

Good luck with the deer hunting! Do you hunt too?