Jul 31, 2019

July WIPocalypse

Pardon me while I catch up. The last Sunday of every month is WIPocalypse which is a fun blog SAL. The purpose is for us stitchers to complete all our WIPs before the end of the world. I think if we keep adding WIPs it will hold off the world ending. How unfair to end with all this beauty still to be stitched right? So for this SAL I like to keep track of what I worked on since the last update. I mark down in a weekly planner what I work on each day. This helps to keep track of how long each project takes. I've also started keeping track of my time now with the #24HOCS challenges. Stop over to Measi's check in post to see what lovely pieces everyone has shared.

Since my next post will have a lot of photos I will just share information this time around for most of these pieces.

Let's see what I've been stitching on since the last check in...

Nautical Year -- 3 Days Started and Finished

Free to Be Me -- 1 Day Added another day to this one for 4th of July camping weekend. Here it was before...
After only an hour here is where it ended.

Lizzie Kate Flip It Stamp -- 4 Days Started and Finished

Flip Flops Mill Hill Kit -- 3 Days Started and Finished

Salt Water Taffy -- 2 Days

Under the Sea SAL -- 2 Days

Wish Upon a Starfish -- 1 Day

Halloween Mini Vampire Face -- 1 Day to finish him up

4 Seasons Winter -- 1 Day

99 Bottles -- 2 Days

Adjust your Sails -- 1 Day

Lots of different stitching going on because the #24HOCS challenges. I loved it!!! Measi also gives us fun questions to answer if we want. Question of the Month: How do you get yourself out of a stitching drought? Most the time it's because I have a piece haunting my brain like for instance a new start. So I start it. Why not? Other times I take a few days off. Play a game. Do something else. Just need a break. Then I notice I can't wait to stitch again. I did notice with this month since I had the challenges I was extra motivated to stitch. That's awesome.

I have had 12 no stitching days. But with Bash and cabin time that's pretty good. I've been finally doing better at stitching while at the cabin so it's the best of both world's. See ya next check in with hopefully more progress to share!

The other project progress photos of all the above pieces will be in my next post. One last post coming next.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I think you're right about holding off the end of the world just with your own WIPs! Considering your social life you've done really well and have clearly been additionally motivated by the #24HOCS challenge. Can't wait to see that post; mine will be posted tomorrow morning. :)

Cathy said...

You've gotten a lot done this month and I just realized in looking at your list, that most of your projects are beachy themed. Although I don't stitch a lot of that theme myself, I love watching yours grow and if I weren't in the middle of a stash/stitching crisis, I might let you enable me with some of them.

Faith... said...

Busy, busy, busy... you are ALWAYS so busy! You got in lots of stitching during July; congratulations!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Considering there were 12 no-stitching days you have made amazing progress!