Jul 1, 2019

Monday Update

So I already told you a little bit about last week. Monday and Tuesday I was busy trying to catch up on emails and just kind of resting after my marathon weekend full of stitching. Tuesday we went grocery shopping and I had some more computer things to finish up. I shared my June #24HourofCrossStitch group completed June challenge information with everyone.

Wednesday I finished up the Mill Hill Beach Ball I shared in my Smalls post. Thursday I fixed the Cabin Fever square I had messed up for the marathon and made a little bit of progress on it.

Friday I pulled out Free to Be Me by Val's Stitchin Stuff again. I had worked on it for the marathon and really wanted to work on it again. I started this one for the DUCJC (Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge) in 2016 where I started a new project every day in January that year. Here is what it will look like...
Now that I have 3 days into it here is how it looks...
I got a few hours of work into it Friday here at home and then a few hours at the cabin Friday night. Didn't get a chance to get it back out over the weekend since we were so busy Saturday. We jumped in the pond for our first time...
My dad is in the water right beside Jeremiah. You just can't see him. The rest is my hubby on the right, my Uncle Marty (who taught us how to build a lot of our cabin) at the middle, and Jeremiah on a very warm 90 degree day. I jumped in after taking this photo. It was just a perfect way to cool down. Jeremiah had a blast. We got the grass seed planted all around the pond and a lot of other jobs finshed. It was hot but finally not raining so we were able to get some stuff done.

Sunday we did a few more things down at the campground and then headed home in the afternoon. It was a long hot weekend but as always so much fun. Now it's a new week. I hope it's a great one for everyone. Here in the US we will be celebrating 4th of July. Fred has Thursday and Friday off work. So you probably guess what we are doing. Heading down Wednesday and camping through Sunday. Mom, Jeremiah, and I are heading down Wednesday morning. So a quick two day week here at home to scramble and get everything done before heading back to our happy place. We have several friends coming to camp too so that will be great.

It's time to start my two monthly pieces. I'm looking forward to them as always. They are both cute this month. I will be right back in another post to share my July #24HoursofCrossStitch plans. It deserved it's own post.

7 comments:

Faith... said...

Busy Lady! How fun to have your very own place to swim without the maintenance of a pool! The guys look like they are having a good time.

That is the perfect piece to stitch this week.

Have a great time at the cabin and camping with your friends!

Rachel said...

For a moment I thought you were showing us your completed Free To Be Me!!
So glad the weather's enabled you to do more at the campsite and generally have a blast. Sounds like you're in for a busy weekend that isn't going to leave any time for stitching. Perhaps this is a good thing after your marathon and before you start on July's goals. :)

Cathy said...

You've made good progress on Free to be Me and I'm looking forward to seeing it completed. It looks like you had a lot of fun in the pond; it's bigger and deeper than I imagined. Have fun again this weekend and try to relax some, too.

Julie said...

I bet it was lovely in the pool.
Good progress.

Bethan said...

You have been very busy. Everyone looks very relaxed in that pond! x

Astrids dragon said...

I love your new stitch, I'm sure you'll be done in no time!
The water looks so inviting, I'm glad you joined them after taking the photo. Making more great memories, enjoy!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great weekend! I love that you call it a pond though, looks like a lake to me. Perfect way to cool down too.