May 11, 2020

Monday Update

Okay a lot of stitching to show you. So let's get to it...

I've been really really enjoying my Mill Hill Maynia for May. Let's see what last week brought me with the challenge...

Monday Summer Breeze was picked...
I hadn't worked on this one since the January Challenge in 2015. I only had one day of progress on it...
I added 1 hour 7 minutes to it...
Tuesday was Inner Tube another Mill Hill kit I hadn't worked on for a long time. This one was worked on in 2016 last time...
There it was from then. Here it is now that I added 1 hour and 3 minutes...
Wednesday's pick was Evergreen Snowman...
The before is above. Here it is now that I added only 34 minutes...
I only got 34 minutes in because the May Fairy was screaming to be started. I worked on her Wednesday and Thursday after my Mill Hill Maynia picks. Here she is after Day 2 of being worked on...

You can really see her coming together from just those two days.

Thursday I also worked on Pizza Slice for just 32 minutes...
I finished the stitching on Day 2. Just beads left now.

Friday morning Mom, Jeremiah, me and Izzy (our dog) loaded up and went to the cabin for our Mother's Day getaway. It was supposed to be cold all weekend but we were warm and happy in our happy place. Friday we watched TV together and relaxed. I worked on Best Friend Santa...
I got 39 minutes added to this one...
Saturday we were busy all day. It was a lovely day though. Fred and Dad got some more siding adding to our big red barn. I will have pictures to show of that later. Fred has them on his phone. I need to steal them haha. I also finally got a picture of a new to me bird on my feeder...
I'm going to be 41 Wednesday and I've never seen this bird before. So I had to look him up. He's an Indigo Bunting and let me tell you the picture doesn't do him justice. That blue is just gorgeous in person. I had a lot of fun taking photos of him. I posted several more to my Facebook if you are interested. I've always loved feeding birds. Also for those who wanted the update Momma Robin was still sitting on her eggs. We checked and they haven't hatched yet. Which I'm glad because it's been really chilly. So maybe later this week they'll hatch.

No stitching Saturday so I caught up Sunday when we finally got home.

Pizza Slice was picked for Saturday and Snowman with a Cardinal was picked for Sunday. I put 30 quick minutes into the Snowman with Cardinal...
Remember I had started it for Day 1 of the Mill Hill Maynia. So a little more on the arm and the start of the little cardinal. Then I worked on Pizza Slice for 1 hour 9 minutes. I got some beads added but it's not finished....so close though...
See I told you lots of stitching to share. Even with the one missed day I still made up with progress.

Today's pick is Seaside Sampler, Tuesday is Summer Breeze again, Wednesday is Camping Out.

We are going down to our cabin again Thursday morning. My birthday is Wednesday and I picked to stay home that day and have a TV stitching like a maniac day before heading down for a long weekend. Going to be warmer later this week but forecast to have rain. Which the pond needs so we'll be happy if that happens. More movie watching time anyway haha.

Have a great week everyone! Happy Belated Mother's Day. We sure had a nice time relaxing together and loving one another.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Inner Tube made me smile, thats a fun one.
Enjoy your birthday and time at the cabin.

Cathy said...

You made some decent progress this week on some fun projects. Have a Happy Stitchy Birthday!

Bluebird said...

I love seeing all your projects- your Mill Hill Maynia looks fun. Sounds like a great weekend at your cabin. I've seen an Indigo Bunting before and they are gorgeous birds. Hope you have a lovely birthday and another great weekend at your cabin!
Mary

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's an impressive week of stitching on some lovely projects.

Rachel said...

So glad you're enjoying all your Maynia projects. An hour's work makes such a difference to each one.
Hope you have a lovely lazy birthday and get in hours and hours of stitching! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm really enjoying your Mill Hill Maynia. Some lovely designs but that pizza makes me laugh every time I see it!
The May Fairy is going to be so cute.

Faith... said...

You did get in lots of stitching again this week! I love Inner Tube and how true is that saying! LOL Thank you for sharing the bird picture, he is gorgeous and maybe the robins showed up for your birthday? Happy birthday and enjoy your weekend!

Astrids dragon said...

I'm behind in reading, Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a perfect stitching day planned and then off to the cabin. The Indigo Bunting is beautiful, great that you got a photo of him.
Nice progress on your pieces, the Best Friend Santa is going to be adorable.

the haunting presence the haunting presence said...

Lovely bblog you have here