Jun 8, 2020

Quick Monday Update

Sorry this one is going to be quick.

First and most important for the people who have been enjoying the robin babies with us. This is what we seen when we got back to our cabin on Friday...
We are empty nesters. We got the nest all cleaned up. I looked online and they don't normally come back to their original nest. So we are saving it to remember our neighbors and how much fun it was to watch. We didn't see them around. We hope they have found a safe place to hide out till they can fly away and have a full life.

The guys got busy Saturday and Sunday on two projects...
They made Grandma a full length table for her kitchen addition. Fred even jumped up and sat on it to show how strong it was. It will work great for all our yummy things and her crock pots that she brings.
They also started a lean-to on the barn. They are going to move a leaky trailer that is stored inside the barn under here when they get the metal added to the roof. It will make a huge area inside the barn for Bev to spread out her odds and ends.

I have been stitching. I finished the May Fairy finally on Tuesday. Of course I just realized I don't have a photo to share. It was only a few days late. But she is finished and I love her.

Another photo I don't have to share is my 99 Bottles. I started on my delayed May 4 Bottles. Got two done Wednesday. Worked a teeny bit on Thursday.

Still in the fun cycle of so much cabin time and boy it's just getting more and more. Mom, Jeremiah, Izzy and me are going down Wednesday to hide from a repair man that is coming Thursday to fix our AC. Might as well stay till Sunday right? Then we are hoping to hear more about when the other repair will be done. So a lot more cabin time in my future. Oh darn right!?! We love it down there!

Sorry for the short update. Take care of yourself please.

5 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

True empty nesters!
The guys have been very busy, they do great work.
I'm glad to hear that you've gotten back to stitching, and even better that you get to spend more time at the cabin. Enjoy it!

Julie said...

Great to read you are all having fun..... enjoy!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Bye bye robins! Hopefully there will be another family next year.
Glad you are enjoying the cabin and the stitching too.

Faith... said...

Awww just like babies; they grow up a fly the coop! I don't know if new birds use old nests but maybe you will get some new residents. The new additions look great and the guys sure have been busy building! It's like your own family compound.

Rachel said...

All of the big DIY projects your guys undertake make me think about the little ones that need doing around my house, not that they'll get done whilst I have stitching to get in the way!
Hope you have enjoyed you most recent trip to the cabin. Maybe you've spotted the baby robins this time? :)