Feb 15, 2021

Monday Update / February Gifted Gorgeousness

 Well it's Monday and it's the 15th. So I'll do my Monday update mixed in with the Gifted Gorgeousness Update. The lovely Jo has setup this wonderful blog SAL for us to share anything with the theme of gift. A gift for someone or from someone. Head over to the link up to see what others have shared this month. This last week all I've worked on is a gift for my hubby. 99 Bottles from Ink Circles. I'm working on it for the LovetoStitch2021 challenge so got at least 30 minutes every day. Sunday I got a little over an hour in on it. I'm on the 82nd bottle now! Here is yesterday's photo...

Slowly but surely. This is all I've worked on in February that counted for the gift theme. In January after the 15th. I finished up Winter Time which was a gift from Janet from Janet's Jabber...

Then I've also made some progress on Bloody Mary Dragon which was a gift from my husband for Christmas this past year. Oh I can't wait to get back to this one too...

So close to finishing up that first page.

Other than my stitching I have an interesting thing to share for my Monday update. Thursday I was exercising and kicked my husband's couch...

I think I broke my pinky toe on my left foot. Jeremiah was sitting near me and we heard the loud crack when it hit the leg of the couch. Poor little toe turned beautiful shades of purple and black. It got so swollen. It's doing better today. Still hurts but not as sore. I joked with everyone about when I was just sitting around day I didn't do this kind of things. Getting healthy is trying to kill me haha. What a dork. My depth perception has always been horrible. Main reason I don't drive. If I can't keep myself from hitting things with my own body can you imagine me in a vehicle? 

We had a very nice weekend at the cabin just relaxing and watching movies. Now we are getting snow and snow. It's sure beautiful. I'm very thankful I don't have to go out. I'll just stay in and try to stay away from couches and other hard things haha.

Have a great week. Love yourself. Love each other. Stay safe. Smile.

9 comments:

Elfie said...

My goodness, that toe looks super painful. I hope it heals as quickly as it coloured up. Your projects are all so lovely.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Ouch! I'd tape it to the other toe for a few days. I'm like you, I broke my arm shielding at home, just walking in the garden. I do love your beer bottles, Winter Time is beautiful, good work on Bloody Mary Dragon.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. 99 is edging ever closer to a finish! The grey is taking over the black blob now and that toe needs a trigger warning!
Have you considered steel toe capped slippers? Or padded furniture LOL. Maybe one of those giant boot plasters they used to have when they used bath chairs for gout? Hope it gets better soon anyway,

Kaisievic said...

Oh dear, Katie, yes, I would say that your toe is broken (speaking as someone who has done it many times in almost the same way). Just rest it up. I just love Wintertime and I am trying to find the pattern right now!

DJ said...

Ouch!! Why is it always the pinky toe that sacrifices itself for the rest of the foot? Good heavens, I was thinking of exercising, but after seeing this, I think I'll take another day of rest! I love all those little bottles! Winter Time is gorgeous!! Are you almost to the color in Bloody Mary Dragon?

Rachel said...

Great progress on 99 Bottles. Do you think you will have made enough 30-minutes-per-day progress by the end of the month to want to stick with it until it's finished?
Your toe looks painful - a little darker and it would be the same shades as the background of Bloody Mary Dragon! I hope it recovers soon! :)

BeingBored89 said...

Holy moly! I hope your toe gets better fast! Otherwise, your pieces are all neat! I really like the Winter Time one!

Faith... said...

Making great progress on those bottles! Not so great progress on that toe though...

Astrids dragon said...

Well shoot, you must have stitched too many bottles before exercising! The bottles look great, but your toe, not so much! At least it was your little toe and you can still walk carefully?
Winter Time looks so beautiful, and finished while it's still winter out there.