Sep 12, 2022

Major Update

Well since June when I updated last a lot of things happened. Let's see...

I went to a doctor for a normal visit. I mentioned a swollen lump I've had on my sternum area for awhile that was concerning me. Well swollen and lump it was immediately a worry. So after long waits in between of course I ended up with an ultrasound, CT Scan, and finally PET Scan. Great news though....No Cancer.....did find a nodule on my lung which we will watch but supposedly no cancer their either. Just a lot of up and down and my nerves have been shot. At the end with the cancer free answer that's okay but still want my issue fixed. Let me show you...

The circled spot on the right is my weird swollen lump. It hurts. It swells some days. It causes me breathing issues. It could be my Xiphoid process which is part of my sternum. I could have broke it when I was doing my exercising. Leave it to me to hurt myself getting healthy. Anyway last step now trying to find a surgeon who will fix it. Next appointment October 12th. Here's hoping they remove it and I can get back to normal. 

We have moved into our cabin since end of July. My focus became myself and my son and husband. We need to be okay. We are okay. We rock this 12x24 building. We love every day. 

Retail therapy. I bought two new pieces to do....

I started on the Forever in Peace right away. I have 5 days into it now...

Stitching it on 32ct Lambswool Evenweave with DMC threads.

We have internet now here at our cabin. Which we have wanted forever. I have my stitching light so I can finally stitch easier. Life is progressing. We "might" go "home" after October but we don't know. I really miss my blogging friends though. So I wanted to check in. 

Love yourself. Smile. Take care of yourself.....somehow. I am. Finally!

7 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: I hope they can fix that area, no cancer diagnosis, that is great news.
Super sweet new stash, looking forward to seeing them stitched.

Catherine

Claudette497 said...

It's great to hear from you, I'm sorry you're in pain. Hope the doctors can figure it out and fix it, or at least that it stops hurting. I'm glad you're loving life in the cabin, and your stash is great!

DJ said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about all those tests but so glad to hear it's not cancer. I hope they are able to fix it soon! Love your new project! Great stitching, and wonderful news about wifi at your cabin!

Carol said...

Oh, Katie, I'm so glad there was no cancer diagnosis. Still, it must be frustrating to not have an answer and be in pain. I hope your next appointment in October will shed some light on things...

I'm sure time spent in your cabin and on your stitching are helping take your mind off your pain somewhat. Enjoy that new stash and autumn in your cabin! Take care now.

jhm said...

Katie
Like the others, I am so glad that it is not cancer. Cancer is not fun to deal with. I hope they find a good solution quickly. If not, then start looking for a new doctor. Be a strong advocate for yourself and make people listen to you. IF they don't listen, move on. Keep good notes on everything.

You've picked some beautiful pieces to stitch on. Stitch away and enjoy! Be relaxed. Best thing for you.

Keep in touch. Let us everyone know when you need something or help. You never know what some of us have been thru that now also help you.

Jackie

Faith... said...

We missed you too Katie and stories of Jeremiah and Spike of course! Hope Fred and your Mom are also doing good.

So glad that you did not have cancer but I am sorry that you are in pain. I hope that the next doctor will be able to take care of it with relative ease.

Glad to see you are stitching again and that chart you are working on is a cute one!

Enjoy yourself down at the cabin but I hope you will check in again soon!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That’s a weird and interesting x-ray! Hope they can work out what it is.
So glad that you enjoy life at your cabin. Maybe this is the future, tiny homes and a storage container for all the possessions!