Sep 19, 2022

Monday Update

Hey look a Monday Update. Plus I've been stitching. What?! Who am I?!? LOL

I have stitched 7 days now on Forever in Peace by Sweet Wing Studio...

32ct Lambswool Evenweave with DMC Threads.

Day 3 on All American by Primrose Cottage Stitches...

25ct Vintage Country Mocha Lugana with DMC threads and one red Weeks Dye Works.

Over the weekend I went to see about my glasses. I had a eye doctor appointment and it was a new doctor. He questioned why I didn't have bifocals. I was never told to get them. He said I was past due. So after looking at the vision chart I sure understand why I haven't seen the TV clearly for a bit. I thought my glasses were just scratched up. So new glasses on order. I sure hope I can get used to them with my stitching. I have 30 days to make changes and I will if I have to.

It is crazy hot again this week. But later this week is finally going to cool down. We can't wait. I am so sick of hearing the AC drone on. I am ready for open windows and cool days. Okay. Off to read my blog buddies posts. I missed you guys.

Smile. Love Yourself.

5 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: This looks like a lovely design, I love working on Lambswool fabric, it is so easy to stitch on.
It is good you had a different doctor to tell you about bi-focals and lucky you can make changes.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching. Great you got your yes seen, hopefully the glasses work ok. I have separate pair as round the house I'm ok so just wear one pair for reading/sewing and the other for tv/driving.

Faith... said...

YaY glad to see your back so soon! You have made some good progress on Forever but I really like Freedom; such a playful design!

Hope your new glasses will do the trick for you!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Forever is lovely, I like those shades of blue.
I’ve worn varifocals for a few years now. I didn’t want them to start with but my prescription got so bad I couldn’t see the till at work or read any of the books! Obviously I can’t have two pairs of glasses at work so I gave in. Love them now, took me about ten minutes to get used to them!

jhm said...

Good to hear from you evn though I didn't see the post til now. I was swamped last week - one more meeting tonight and I am done.

Be careful where they place the bifocals on your glasses. My first set was set too high and the store and I argued about. I couldn't even go down stairs let alone anything else. I get mine placed at the bottom of my glasses and stop about a 3rd of the way up. It's wonderful for stitching especially looking down to be careful in intense areas. And i just have to look up to see the tv without moving my head. YOu do remind me that it's time to get my eyes checked again. Glad to see you stitching and posting.

Jackie