Dec 4, 2023

Advent Blog Hop Day 4

 

 

Welcome to Day 4 of the Advent Blog Hop

a wonderful blog event setup by the lovely Jo this wonderful time of the year. Stop over to follow her links to all the different blogs through every daily door.

We are off on a mini vacation. Traveling safely home today hopefully. So I have setup this post to publish Monday Morning. The purpose of this fun blog hop is to share a photo of something Christmas or winter themed we have stitched. Let's have a look...

2019 I stitched up this Snowman Mill Hill Kit. I attached it to a Christmas tree my Grandfather had made and my mom had painted with snowy paint...

I really love how it turned out. I have some pieces I am looking forward to doing in December. Here's hoping I will have another finished piece to share soon.

The topic for discussion this blog hop is Santa Stories. Jeremiah never really liked the sitting on Santa's lap at the local mall. So one year he was devastated because he didn't want to do it again. I came up with something I am still proud of. We had a big talk about how Christmas is all about Magic. The Santa at the mall is just a person who tells the real Santa what you want for Christmas. But if we sit in our home and sat together as a family we can talk to Santa ourselves. The magic let's Santa know. So Jeremiah wide eyed talked to Santa out loud about what he wanted. So did we. Jeremiah is now 25 and still talks about the magic of Christmas. The magic of Christmas is still very important to us. We don't put out our presents until he can't see them. In our tiny cabin it was a little harder. But we made sure he wasn't awake until presents were out ready for the first glance Christmas morning. I love the magic of Christmas morning. This year we are focusing on the experience of making Christmas our own after losing my mother in October 2021. I think last year I was still mourning her and trying to have the Christmas she would have wanted us to have. This year we are making new experiences and making it our own. December is not even here yet and I am so excited. (Writing this November 27th) I hope you can all make Christmas exactly what you want it to be. Hugs and Big Love for our home to yours.

15 comments:

Shelly said...

Love the Mill Hill Snowman with the tree, it's just perfect. Sorry for your loss of your mom. Our loved ones would want us to continue our celebrations. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. I am glad that your Mum was able to be a small part of it too. I'm sure she would approve of all your new traditions too.

jocondine said...

Your ornie is perfect, as the tradition is passed from your grandfather to your Mum then you added the snowman. Now it's time for Jeremiah to choose something to put on it. Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

Elfie said...

I have so enjoyed reading your story, and of course I adore your ornament.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I love that the Christmas tree and snowman have been made by three generations. Your Santa story captured the spirit of Christmas

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely tree, great memory of your Santa visit. Enjoy your mini vacation and enjoy your Christmas, loved ones are always with us as we make new memories

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Oh yes the snowman and the tree complement each other beautifully

Gwen said...

Your tree and ornament are lovely. Hope you and your son will enjoy the magic of Christmas.

Denise :) said...

Your sweetly stitched snowman and tree is wonderful! I love it when past and present are put together for future wonder! Your Santa story was so sweet; I do love the magic and wonder of Christmas! Merry Christmas! :)

Faith... said...

I think the snowman and the tree look great together. Glad you found a way to have Jeremiah participate in telling Santa his wishes without having to sit on Santa's lap. Lots of kids don't care for the Jolly Guy in person; I think he is supposed to stay on TV or at least at a distance.

So glad you guys are making the holiday yours this year. You will still have your memories but it is time for new family memories for you guys.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a cute snowman - hope you had a great mini vacation!

Roni said...

I love your ornament and I think the Snowman is perfect together with the tree. I'm sorry for the loss of your Mother, hope your new Christmas traditions can help to heal.

DJ said...

Awww your little snowman is so adorable! I love how you finished him!! Christmas has always been magical to me! I hope your new Christmas traditions bring you joy and excitement! Happy Stitching!

Beth in IL said...

That Jim Shore snowman is just perfect! How did I miss those? Any your finish is fantastic.

Astrids dragon said...

Your snowman is adorable and looks perfect with the tree, a true family heirloom and treasure.
I love your Santa story with Jeremiah, especially still making it special for him on Christmas morning! It seems to change every year, but being with family is a blessing.
Wishing you a Happy New Year, with lots of stitching!