Dec 26, 2023

Christmas 2023

My step mom is still in the hospital so that was sure hard for the family. She is fighting hard and boy we are worried about her. Leukemia is a beast she has to fight hard against. The first few weeks went pretty easy and then it seems to have caught up with her. So my poor dad is having a very hard time.

My Grandmother (my dad's side) always has Christmas on Christmas Eve but decided to do it Saturday this year. Which was fine but wow what a change. So Saturday we had a lovely visit there. I have 4 cousins and 2 of us haven't talked for a few years no idea why. We even chatted a lot. I think knowing someone in the family is in the hospital made a lot of hearts closer which we all needed. It was a very lovely visit. We did video call my step mom to all share our thoughts with her and wish her Merry Christmas.

Sunday was Christmas Eve and we had nothing to do. It was so weird. No visit with Dad and Bev. No Christmas party to attend. But we made it special. We watched some TV together that we really wanted to watch. We planned fun meals all day. I stitched. It was nice and calm and okay. 

Christmas morning was perfect as always...

We wrapped a treat for Spike. He loved it.
Spike was like Mommy I don't know why all these boxes are here.
Jeremiah's stack. He was a happy kiddo.

I always worry about making Christmas special. Which I think we all do. Mom always wanted 100 presents each haha. But with cutting back and living smaller we didn't want to overdo. I was so happy. Everything we received had a home to go to (storage wise). It was just perfect. 

Jeremiah got a stack of 17 new games...

We had found 2 used game stores this year. So about half of these were under $10. Crazy. They all have the same value to him though. Priceless. He also got some new pants, a fun gaming shirt, some new slippers, a new lamp for reading, and these too cute mini Pop figures that take up hardly any space.
 
Fred got some games for handheld game systems, a new tool box, and a head lamp.

We got some storage containers for chips and things and 3 new board games.

I was spoiled rotten. I went a little stash crazy as always haha...
2 fun sticker books and planners/notebooks for keeping track of challenges.
I added stickers to them to make them my own. Sorry for the language.
Several Just Cross Stitch magazines after seeing a beautiful series. Then I got a subscription too.
This beautiful series is calling to me loudly.
Assortment of fun things to stitch.
A whole bunch of fun Halloween charts!!! Love them!!!

Potions the Halloween one will be my New Year New Start I think. There is a beautiful Light Mint fabric laying beside it that I'm using for it. 

So we are so excited about our 2nd fantastic cabin Christmas. We know our lives have drastically changed but we are doing everything we can to rock our new opportunities and enjoy every moment we are lucky enough to have. Life is sure what we make of it and we are making one hell of a great life for all of us.

Merry Christmas and I can't wait to see what we can all stitch up in 2024. I still have a crazy high mojo and want to stitch ALL THE THINGS!!!! Which is okay because Jeremiah has a million new game missions to complete.

Stay tuned for plans. I keep driving myself crazy coming up with them all.

9 comments:

Claudette497 said...

So sorry about your stepmom, I hope and pray she's feeling better.
It looks like you made a great Christmas for your family.
I look forward to seeing all your gifts stitched up.

diamondc said...

Happy New Year Katie and Family: So sorry your stepmom is in the hospital, Mike went to ER on Christmas Eve day, home now doing better, stomach flu.
Looks like your son made a haul this Christmas, I bet he is playing some of those games as I write this comment.
Looks like you made a haul also.

Catherine

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Renee said...

Katie, I am so glad you had a lovely Christmas! I look forward to watching your stitching adventures. Are there new stitching challenges coming up?

I'm sending hugs and prayers for your stepmom.

Rachel said...

Belated Happy Christmas; it sure looked like one!
I'm with you on starting Potions. I think that's my favourite out of your stash haul. Will look forward to seeing how long it is before the temptation to start everything kicks in!!

Faith... said...

Praying for Bev and your Dad Katie.

I think Santa was good to you guys! Jeremiah is going to be glued to his system and he won't even know if you are stitching or even home! LOL

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear about your Step-mum but it sounds like you all made the best of the time anyway. It's nice to be able to see her online too.
Great haul for both you and Jeremiah too. That will keep you both out of trouble for a little while!

Astrids dragon said...

Trying to catch up on my blog reading. I'm sorry to hear about your stepmom, I hope by now she's doing better and is home.
It looks like you had a lovely Christmas in spite of the changes. And wow, you were spoiled, lucky you!
Keep making those memories.🥰