Dec 18, 2023

Dec 18th Monday Update

I got a lot of stitching done with my challenges so get ready for a lot of photos haha.

Monday 2 projects. I worked on Roll #4 Beer Dragon needed 100 and Prompt 11 was Presents. Since Beer Dragon is a present I could use it. Added 117 stitches...

After that was Roll #5 Christmas Celebration needed 250 and Prompt 8 Lights needed 100...

Tuesday 3 projects. Finished up Roll #5 Christmas Celebrations and for Prompt 9 Decorations (all the decorations in this whole piece), 10 Carols (first block is singing carols), 12 Candy Cane (girl in I block is holding candy cane), and 13 Reindeer (the R block has a little deer). Added 448 total stitches...

Roll #6 was a new start I was really excited to start. Colorful Eagle from Kitty & Me. Jeremiah and Fred got me for my last Christmas...

I added 100 stitches...

I really enjoyed this one and was sad to put it down. So expect to see it again soon. I was surprised when kitting this one up that each section is outlined in Kreinik braid which just looks beautiful in person. So it will definitely be a fun stitch.

Roll #7 was my 2nd time having New York Dreamer Season picked which is the maximum we have to pick the same WIP so I need 125 stitches for it...

Wednesday 2 projects. Roll #9 and 11 were the same Forever in Peace so I combined them after finding out our rolls didn't have to go in order haha. Needed 275 total...

Then Roll #10 and 12 were Rainbow Dragon so I combined them. Needed 225...

Thursday 2 projects. Roll #13 and 17 were Rules for Life an OLD WIP...

Here it was in 2020...

Added 300...

Roll #14 was Dragon Eye. Needed 200...

Friday 4 projects. First up Roll #8 another new start. Christmas Truck by Veraco kits. I bought this one on vacation in OBX this year. Needed 200...

Roll #16 Christmas Celebration which worked for Prompt 15 Wreath (A block has wreath). Added 150...

Roll #15 Autumn Blessing a 2019 WIP needed 200...

Last up was another New Start for Roll #18 and Prompt 16 Hot Cocoa so took penalty of 300 Hanging w/Santa...

Sunday 3 projects. First up finished the 300 stitches after taking the day off stitching Saturday.

Prompt 17 Sleigh (in the last S block) and 18 Snowman (snowman in middle S block) back to Christmas Celebration for 234 more stitches to finish the I block...

I just fell in love with this one this time. Plus get ready for this it's on a linen which I didn't hate near as much this time around. What?!?

Last up for the week was Best Friend Santa a Mill Hill for Roll #19. Needed 150...

Here is my updated challenge list for the Semi Sane event WIP Wranglers...

I have 5 marked off completely. 9 have been stitched once at least. So only 6 not done yet. I just might finish this haha. We'll see. I know I've really enjoyed the push to work on so many things but it does get old a little. I have some I want to work on LONGER. But these challenges make me remember OLD WIPs again. So they are worth it. Can't wait to see the challenges next year.

Saturday I kicked Jeremiah, Fred, and Spike out. They had a blast at a local park taking a walk while I wrapped our Christmas presents. Then we had a fun Christmas party to attend in the evening. It was a nice break day from stitching. 

This week is BUSY BUSY. Something planned every evening other than today trying to get ready for the big Christmas day. I am getting really excited though. I normally do after I stress myself almost to death haha. I can't wait to make Christmas special and we are sure doing just that. A lot to look forward to. Last night we watched our Christmas movies. Krampas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. We sure love the meanings behind both. Appreciate who you have in your life and not the amount of gifts under the tree. We are so thankful and we haven't even got there yet haha. 

Love yourself. Smile. Enjoy your holidays. Allow yourself to breath and not stress too much. Somehow it will come together. We got this!

2 comments:

Faith... said...

Girl just looking at your blog makes me exhausted! LOL It looks like you have been stitching nonstop!! LOL

It looks like Christmas Celebrations can fit in to many different categories! That Eagle looks awesome! All the different bands on Forever in Peace look cool and I am soooo happy to see Rules for Life out. Some of these are just what people need to see and heat everyday.

I simply can not believe how many projects you touched in a week. Everytime I switch projects it takes me a while to get all set up and yada, yada, yade that I don't think I could have pulled this off at all!

Merry Christmas to you and your family Katie and thanks for your gift of friendship!

Rachel said...

I'm with Faith on this post... I'm exhausted! I certainly couldn't cope, but it's fantastic watching you have a blast as you change projects so frequently and add your required number of stitches. And like you said, it's great to see some of your older WIPs too.