Jan 15, 2024

Jan 15th Monday Update

Howdy from frozen Indiana. Yesterday we were -9 degrees with -32 wind chill at 9am. Today we warmed up to -8 with -19 wind chill. Wednesday we will finally hit 23 so double digits but below freezing till next Tuesday right now.  Brr is an understatement. We stay warm and cozy in our little cabin. We have 2 small electric heaters. We put plastic on our windows to keep the heat in and there was ice on one of them from the condensation freezing even. But point is we are warm inside. Just make short short trips out. Even Spike doesn't want to stay out. Well he does but his little feet get cold he settles to run back in soon.

Let's see what I worked on last week...

Monday and Tuesday I worked on Colorful Eagle by Kitty & Me. I sat a goal of 400 stitches this month on this one. Monday I added 333. Tuesday I kept it out all day because why not and hit 590 haha. I like to make small goals though in case I just don't get time on that piece. But I definitely hit my goal for the month haha. 923 in the two days...

 I just had to get his eye stitched. Now he is begging me to stitch more. I have to say I just love the colors. So patriotic. So bright on the Silver Moon fabric. Love it. I don't even mind stitching with the Kreinik because it looks beautiful after. It kind of makes it like a coloring book too. I outline the area and then fill it in. Very easy to count.

Wednesday I did my 100 weekly on Winter Line up by Trilogy...

Actually 104 because that it what I needed to finish the adorable scarf. 

After that I pulled out Christmas Celebration by Frosted Pumpkin. I wanted to add 200 for the prompt in Magazine Monthly Challenge To Grandma's House. Christmas we always go to my grandparents and this piece screams Christmas haha. I stopped at 395 for the day...

Finished up the R block and added more to the border on the right side. I love the lacy look of the border. 

Thursday and Friday I worked on one of the Jim Shore Mill Hill kit Owl Gnome. I started it in December when doing the WIP Wrangler challenge. I had 3 days into it already but my goal for the month was to finish him up. Thursday I added 427 and Friday I finished the stitching at 215 more. I decided not to count the backstitching this time. It gets annoying haha. Anyway here he is all finished up...

I haven't decided how I want to finish these 6. I might do something unique. I'll see what happens. 

Saturday and Sunday I worked on Beer Dragon by Paine Free Crafts. I have a monthly goal of 500 for him this year. I added 487 Saturday and 439 Sunday for a total of 926. So hit my goal haha.

I'm getting close to the wing again. Which I'm very happy for. The background is so boring haha.

So all the goals I setup for January are finished other than two more weeks of adding 100 to Winter Line Up. Wohoo!!!

I'm going to make a list of 20 WIPs for a random dice roll when I have a day that I don't know what I want to work on. I really enjoyed the dice rolls in December. Of course I might keep it out longer than a goal this time around. See what I can accomplish until it gets boring haha. Then when I finish one I will replace it. This will really be fun on those random days when I made Jeremiah pick for me haha. First up today I'll get my 100 added to Winter Line Up.

Amazing Bev update. They finally got her bone marrow test done before kicking her out of the hospital. She is amazingly cancer free! This round of chemo had a 30% chance of killing the cancer and it did. Now it almost killed her but they got it. So she has transferred to the rehab to get her strength back. Her vision was affected by the strokes too but seems like each day she is seeing better. She saw the time on the clock today. I don't know yet what the future holds. I know she does have the gene that shows the cancer will come back. They suggested a bone marrow transplant with a warning of how dangerous it will be. I just don't know. Do you take a chance and wait and enjoy every day. Or go through the treatment. What a hard hard decision. Right now she is just thankful to be alive and cancer free.

We have a brutal cold week ahead like I said at the beginning so I doubt we will do anything much. So hopefully that will mean lots of stitching time. Have a fantastic week. Stay warm. Love yourself. Find a reason to smile.

10 comments:

Renee said...

Fantastic progress! Your owl gnome turned out adorable! I am sending you warm wishes. It only got down to 17 degrees Fahrenheit here this week. It looks like snow outside, but it is all ice. Last time I looked we were expecting it to get as low as 15 degrees and have more freezing rain. (I'd prefer snow...) I'm glad you are able to snuggle in and stitch. :)

Rachel said...

Great progress for the week; you're storming through your goals and then some, and we're only half way through the month!
Great news about Bev too. Still difficult decisions ahead but at least you can all breathe for a while.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Claudette497 said...

You're so productive! The owl really has some personality already and the gnome is adorable! I'm so glad Bev is doing well.

jhm said...

Glad you are plugging along meeting and exceeding your goals. My stitching goals compete with my genealogy goals. I', semi-ready for some snow so I have an excuse to stay in.
Glad to hear about the Eagle. I have thought about ordering it and maybe I will now. (not that I don't have enought to stitch).
Jackie

Carol said...

Oooh... that sounds terribly cold, Katie! So glad you are warm and toasty in your cabin home :) Wonderful progress on your varied projects. This is perfect stitching weather, isn't it?

That is great to hear that Bev is cancer-free! Hope the rehab helps her regain what abilities she lost due to her stroke. Enjoy your weekend ♥

Faith... said...

Oh Katie, just reading those temperatures makes me shiver! I think Spike wants some boots so he can play outside longer! LOL I hope the extreme cold is behind you now so you don't have to be worried about it anymore.

All your stitching is gorgeous! I especially love the Winter Line Up from Trilogy (I have a thing for snowmen). Christmas Celebration is moving along quickly (I like the border too!) an the Gnome is a cutie! Glad to see Beer Dragon out too. T=You have been very busy again!!

Nothing makes me happier than seeing that Bev is cancer free and finished with chemo. Hope that she prays and those prayers guide her in the right direction as she and your Dad have a lot of hard decisions ahead of them.

Stay Warm Friend! I hope there is no more ice on the windows for you guys. 💜

Astrids dragon said...

Brr is right! It was cold here then, but not like that.
I love the Eagle, such a cool pattern.
Nice progress on everything else, I especially love the gnome!
So if you hit your monthly goal for Beer Dragon, when do you think you'll finish it? I hope sooner than later?
Great news for Bev, I hope every day is better for her with no recurrence.🙏

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the colourful Eagle. Love the gnome finish too.
You're very good to keep plugging away at the background for Beer Dragon!
Great news about Bev too.