Jan 8, 2024

Jan 8th Monday Update

 Hello readers. Welcome to 2024 and a Monday update. Let's see what I've been working on this last week.

Monday was the 1st and I had a New Year New Start...

Halloween Potions by Les Petites Croix de Lucie (This is going to get annoying to type haha) I'm using 32ct Light Mint Lugana. 

Tuesday I worked on it as well. Ended the two days with 514 which met my monthly goal on this piece...

The designer has a lot of color changes in a small area and definitely a lot of backstitching but I love the way it looks after it's stitched. So I'll just backstitch as I go along. I started at the bottom left in case you couldn't tell. 

Wednesday I worked on Winter Line Up by Trilogy. I'm doing 100 stitches a week for January to hit my goal of 400. I added my 100...

After that was done I pulled out my pick for my Mixed up Monthly. Jeremiah picked this one for January. He loves our Irish heritage. I worked on it Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday was able to finish it up...

(1) January 6th
Wee Bit Irish
from Erin Elizabeth Designs
Stitched on 32ct Vintage Country Mocha
Using DMC Threads
Started Jan 3rd. Took 4 Days.
1,443 Stitches 
 
Wohoo my first finish for 2024!! It was a fun fast stitch really. I was sad to finish it though. It was definitely one I was excited to stitch up. Sunday I was pouting about what to stitch now and Jeremiah had to pick a number for me haha. 
 
So I worked on Simple Treasures for my monthly goal of 100 stitches...

I ended up with 187 before it was time for bed. 

My step mom is still in the hospital. Been a month now. My dad took me up two times last week. We found out she had a cluster of a dozen strokes. So that explained why she hadn't woke up or communicated for a week and a half. Luckily she woke up and was finally communicating. It seems to have affected her sight but my Uncle had a stroke bother his vision and he has regained his sight now. So the neurologist said sometimes the brain can rewire itself to be able to work around the damage. The brain is an amazing thing that's for sure. Now they are started rehab so she can get her strength back. They are also doing a bone marrow test and hopefully that shows her numbers have drastically improved. That will be the next hurdle to cross. We went up yesterday Fred, Jeremiah, and me and it was adorable how happy she was to see Jeremiah. So we are sure happy to have her awake and talking at least now. 

Well I'm off to read blogs and then stitch. We have several rounds of snow coming this week and brutal cold end of the week. So perfect stitching weather. Love yourself. Enjoy stitching all the things. I sure will. See ya next Monday for another update.

11 comments:

Claudette497 said...

I love the potions - I'm looking forward to watching your progress!
Congratulations on your finish.
I'm glad your step mom is on the mend, I'm hoping for the very best for her and you.

Rachel said...

A great start to the year, with a gorgeous new start, good progress, and a finish already... congrats!
Out of curiosity, do backstitches count as stitches towards your total? I would have thought not, but if you have a design like Halloween Potions which has loads, it seems a bit 'unfair' they shouldn't be included.

diamondc said...

Hello Katie: So sorry about your step mom, its good to hear she is awake and doing rehab.
Lovely Irish design, I am 1/3 Irish.
Nice design choices.
I am loving the snowman head so cute.

Catherine

Carol said...

I'm so sorry to read about your stepmother and her strokes, Katie--very concerning! But, it sounds like she is getting the best possible care and I do hope the neurologist can help her regain her sight and other abilities. That's great that she was so happy to see your son :)

So many beautiful projects you have going--that Simple Treasures looks like a lot of work, but it's a beauty! Wishing you all the best in this new year ♥

Faith... said...

Great start of the year with Potions! But sorry about all the color changes, I find that backstitching as you go makes life easier! That snowman certainly has a Pinocchio nose! LOL Congrats on your first finish of the year!

So happy to see your Step-Mom is out of the hospital and is gaining her strength back with rehab. I hope she makes a great recovery so she can go home soon. Praying the bone marrow test comes back with good numbers.

Have fun stitching this week!

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on your first finish of 2024 and nice progress on the other 2. Great news on your step mom and hope she continues to improve.

Dakota Senese said...

Your cross stitching is gorgeous!!! I would love to try doing it when I have the money and time. What do you recommend starting with?

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Astrids dragon said...

I already like how Potions is starting!
A nice finish for Irish, plenty of time to fully finish for March?
Oh my, a month in the hospital. Hopefully she'll truly be on the mend. I'm sure seeing you all was a big plus!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic new start, excellent idea to backstitch as you go, it's really going to keep you interested as you see each bottle grow.
Glad that Jeremiah was able to cheer your StepMum up. He should consider going into nursing as I'm sure a lot of patients would benefit from seeing his grin greeting them with their medicine!