Jan 22, 2024

Jan 22nd Monday Update

Howdy to my wonderful readers. Welcome to another Monday update. Let's see what I've been working on the past week.

Monday I worked on Winter Line Up by The Trilogy. Remember I'm shooting for 100 a week for a challenge on this one...

I was trying to finish the snowman body and hit 237. Still not finished with him haha. He's sure cute though.

Tuesday I pulled out Rules for Life because I knew it would make Faith happy haha.
 

Before and After above. Since it was still brutal cold and it's only one color I added 935 stitches! I was very happy with the progress. 

Wednesday I decided it was time to finish off Country Life because I remembered being really close with it...

(3) January 17th
Country Life
from Just Cross Stitch June 2023 Issue
Fabric 14ct Rustico Aida (from Hobby Lobby)
Using Suggested DMC threads
Start Jul 13, 2023. Took 7 Days.
Didn't Count Stitches at Start Yet

Then I pulled out Grow Together Heaven and Earth Designs for the rest of the day Wednesday and all day Thursday...

Added 806 total over the two days. Looks like Day 18 on this one. I'm using 28ct Light Blue Jobelan which is funny because now I love 32ct. But I started this in 2013 so it was 28ct time haha.

Friday I was trying to figure out what to work on for IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend). Plus we had a beautiful 3 inches of snow on the ground. So I pulled out the Sekas - A Snowman Heart I had in my tote. This one used 10ct Natural Linen, 3 Caron Watercolours, #8 braid Kreinik, and a few beads. I not only started it but finished it the same day...

When I bought this complete kit on Ebay in 2020 it came with these two adorable clay snowmen. I think they look adorable on it in place of two stitched snowman. I love how it turned out. I didn't count the stitches because counting specialty stitches is a pain haha. 

Saturday and Sunday I worked on Colorful Eagle by Kitty & Me...

Saturday we ran some errands and visited with Bev in the rehab. She's doing great with her rehab. Walking with a walker now. Her vision is still spotty. After visiting we stopped at Walmart and grabbed our groceries for the week. I added 260 on Saturday and then 735 Sunday. I really enjoy this one because I outline with the Kreinik and then go back and color it in. Seems to go quickly.

Our weather has still been really frigid cold so staying inside as much as possible. Now tonight we might get an ice storm. Then supposed to get warmer and rain everyday. So our lovely snow will be replaced by yucky mud. Who knows what February brings though weather wise. Just have to wait and see. 

Have a great week. Love yourself. Smile as much as possible. You deserve it!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Goodness me, there's no stopping you this year is there!
Great progress, and congrats on a couple of finishes in there as well. The Seka is lovely.
And ook at your stitch total for the month... your needles must be smokin'!

Carol said...

That little snowman finish is darling, Katie--and wonderful progress on your other pieces. That eagle is very striking! Glad to hear Bev is improving! We are getting the warmer weather and rain, too. All the snow is gone and today is wet and foggy. I think I'd prefer the snow :) Have a great day ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The cold weather is doing your stitching good! So much great progress on all the designs. I got a lot done over IHSW too.

Faith... said...

LOL It did make me happy and you made some good progress with it. So glad to see a couple have moved into the finish column too! So glad to see Bev is getting around some with her walker but I hope her vision corrects it self soon.