Jan 28, 2024

January WIPocalypse

 It's the last Sunday of the month which means it's time for a WIPocalypse update. What's WIPocalypse? A fun push to finish our WIPs before the end of the world. I will hold it off forever with all my WIPs haha. I use this as an excuse to report what I've worked on the whole month and the before and after progress. I keep a journal with what I've worked on each day. On the notes I keep track of how  many stitches that day and what day on the project I'm on (unless it was before my tracking days). So let's see what I've been working on so far this year and then next month I will go from here.

Halloween Potions - Les Petites Croix De Lucie -- 2 Days. This one was my New Year New Start piece. I worked on it for 2 days this month...

Winter Line Up - The Trilogy -- 4 Days. I've focused on this one for at least 100 stitches a week this month...

Wee Bit Irish - Erin Elizabeth -- 4 Days. I started this one and finished it this month. I picked a random 12 patterns to start and hopefully finish this year. One a month. This was January's pick.

Simple Treasures - Dimensions Kit -- 1 Day.

Colorful Eagle - Kitty & Me -- 4 Days.
 

Christmas Celebration - Frosted Pumpkin -- 1 Day

Owl Gnome - Jim Shore Mill Hill Kit -- 2 Days to finish this one up.

Beer Dragon - Paine Free Crafts -- 2 Days

Rules for Life - Kincavel Krosses -- 1 Day

Country Life - Just Cross Stitch Magazine -- 1 Day to finish this one...

Grow Together - Heaven and Earth Designs -- 2 Days


A Snowman Heart - Sekas & Co -- 1 Day to Start and Finish this cutie...

Woof Block Party - Hands on Design -- 2 Days Pulled out this old WIP.

Peppermint Sleds - Lizzie Kate -- 1 Day. Finished up the last two from the set in 1 Day.

Acorn Gnome - Jim Shore Mill Hill Kit -- 1 Day. Started this one...

Rainbow Dragon - Paine Free Crafts -- 1 Day Added some stitches to this beauty...

 
It's been a very fun busy stitching filled month. 
Worked on 16 different pieces!
Only 1 Non Stitching Day
4 New Starts
6 Finishes
What a blast!!!
 
 January 28 – Tell us about the oldest WIP you have in your stash. I've never kept track of my oldest WIP until this year. I'm still inputting my WIP information by order of working on it though. So I only know from what I've worked on so far this year. Rules for Life from Kincavel Krosses I started in 2012. Right now that's my oldest current WIP from my tote. It will be curious to see if one is before that. I have Grow Together HAED from 2013 as well. So much has changed haha. 

I'm off to stitch. Be back tomorrow for a proper Monday Update post.

6 comments:

Renee said...

Katie, I love seeing all of your progress!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a productive month! You definitely had some very long stitching days in there. It looks like your oldest WIP could even be a finish this year?

Astrids dragon said...

So many lovely WIPs AND some finishes, fantastic!

Cathy said...

Great Stitchy Month! Love your projects. I too am trying to balance exercise with stitching. My excuse is it has been to cold to walk outside. Then I will say it is too hot. lol Stitching is just way more fun.

OhSewCrafty said...

Your Irish finish is very cute and you have so many lovely projects. Good for you, stitching 30/31 days! I'm so glad this is a leap year, that extra day will help.

Faith... said...

Are all your random charts going to be around the same size? That would be perfect for you because you can probably do them in a day since you are a quick stitcher. You got a lot stitched in January and I hope that February is even better for you!