Jan 29, 2024

Jan 29th Monday Update

You might have got a sneak peek because of the WIPocalypse post but I'm here to share my week last week anyway haha. 

Monday I made progress on Winter Line Up by The Trilogy. Day 7 added 213 on it...

After that I rolled my 20 sided dice to see what project to pull out. Woof Block Party by Hands on Designs was picked. I started it in November 2020. I haven't worked on it since. Here is where I was with it...

Monday I added 165. Tuesday I added 604. I have 4 days into it now...

The fabric is 28ct Carmel Macchiato Jobelan from Stephanie Fabrics. I'm using the plain DMC threads for it. It's funny because it seems to go so slow. I'm happy with my progress. Any progress is better than letting it hide in my WIP tote since 2020 haha.

Wednesday I rolled again and pulled out Peppermint Sleds. I was only 36 stitches away from finishing Sled 2 of the 3. So I knew I would finish it quickly. Then I finished the cardinal one too. It took 432 stitches...

So 2 more finishes to add to my page. Wohoo! Plus they are on display proudly for the winter season. 

Thursday was a new start Acorn Gnome another Jim Shore Mill Hill kit. Here is what this one will look like...

I added 339 for Day 1...

Over the weekend I decided Rainbow Dragon from Paine Free Crafts deserved some time. Friday I added 267...

Saturday I only added 18 stitches haha. We ending up doing everything else. Finally put away the Christmas tree. I miss it now. Left out winter theme stuff and added a vase that lights up that my mom loved. It took place of the lights from the tree at least. So we will survive haha. We also watched a WWE PPV because it's my favorite one they do. We really only watch AEW now and we were not surprised with really not enjoying the PPV from the old company. Just so many different ways of doing things. But Jeremiah and I enjoyed our time together complaining. Fred had a radio contest so he was out in our enclosed porch. He had a blast. It was from 2pm Saturday to 2pm Sunday (of course he did take a break to sleep). He ended up with 117 contacts so he was a happy little nerd haha. 

Sunday I worked on Rules for Life again. It was a lazy day so I added 809 stitches!!!

If you want you can look at yesterday's post. I got the whole part by Love on the right added and a bunch of the right border. I'm actually really close on this one now. I think I will keep it up for a few days till February challenges start to see what I can get done.

I had a doctor appointment this morning. Yearly physical. I already knew the bad news. I'm fat. But there are several different ways its starting to add up. I've never had high blood pressure. Of course now I do. It was really high and probably has been for a bit. So she put me on a medicine. My liver is acting up losing weight would help. I have a skin tag that needs removed. Just frustrating and things I already knew I needed to work on are definitely being pointed out to me in different ways. But stitching hours and hours is just so much more fun I told her. So I need to work on balance and adding in my fitness again. But not letting it completely take over again. Just putting it here is helping with my accountability. I'm admitting it out loud. Time to focus on my health so I'm not my mother. I have to. So I can stitch longer. Plus be in Jeremiah's life. Time to be smart with my life choices. 

Anyway I'm off. Love yourself. Take a walk haha. Smile.

4 comments:

Claudette497 said...

You've got some cute finishes and I love the dog party! I know what you mean about making better choices - good luck!

Faith... said...

Rainbow Dragon is looking great and everytime I see the Acorn Gnome he makes me smile.

Rachel said...

Great progress on everything! Being only 36 stitches away from finishing Sled 2 must have made you wonder why you put it away instead of finishing it last time it was out!
Good luck with your healthy/stitching lifestyle changes. I would recommend small goals, and at your own pace. Joining groups may provide encouragement but also cause unnecessary stress. Maybe hold back on the New Starts and ONLY allow yourself one when you have hit a weight loss goal?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think you’ve made great progress on the Woof Block! Love those two little sleds too.
I’m glad you took the doctor’s advice well. My recommendation would be portion control, modern food portions have got enormous and we’ve not all got hollow legs like Jeremiah LOL. A little of what you fancy does you good though. Walking will be easier as the weather warms up.