Feb 19, 2024

Feb 19th Monday Update

Howdy Readers. Let's see what I worked on last week...

Monday and Tuesday was time to work on a Mill. I have a monthly goal of working on a Mill Hill two times at least. I worked on Acorn Gnome. Monday I added 161 and Tuesday was a great day I got 592 added...
He looks so cute. Close to a finish. I love this set of Jim Shore Mill Hill Gnomes. 

Wednesday I worked on two projects. I started the day with my weekly goal of 200 on Winter Line Up...

The adorable little penguins are finally starting to appear. 

Switched to Grow Together by HAED so I could hit the 200 goal on it for the month...
Thursday two more projects was worked on. First up was Autumn Time by NY Dreamer. I had a goal of 200... 
 Next up was Colorful Eagle by Kitty & Me. I wanted to add 400 this month. I ended up working on it Thursday (118), Friday (246), and Saturday (373). Added 737 total instead haha. I finished the Kreinik outlining on this half of the pattern now. It feels like a coloring book now. Just color in the sections haha...
So awesome looking!!! Sunday I worked on two projects again. Trying to march off those acrostics from my goals. First up was Dragon Eye by Eva's Designs...

Added 211 to it to hit my goal of 200. Then picked up Rainbow Dragon by Paine Free Crafts. She doesn't really have an amount other than progress so I added 151 to her for now...

So for February running total of stitches is 6,095. I hit 11,865 so we'll see if I meet it or beat it. 

Our weather has been up and down. Then Friday we had a kind of surprise 3 inches of snow. Local weather was saying 1 inch. Others were saying possibly 2. It was beautiful. Now it's warming up so mud everywhere haha. Spike wishes the snow would stay around. He just loves jumping around in the snow. Saturday we watched Oppenheimer on Peacock. Jeremiah our little history buff really enjoyed it a lot. The 3 hours movie took 10 hours with all the pauses for history lessons for me haha. I can definitely see why it won so many awards. Fred has been trying to make jerky in our air fryer. The first round was way too salty. Sunday he changed his recipe and perfected it. So he is very happy. 

I looked through all the Nashville releases trying hard not to find stuff I liked too much haha. I did find one I per-ordered...

I got the dinky dye thread pack and 32ct Antique white evenweave to stitch it on as well. Another patriotic piece. Just had to have it. Luckily though that was all I couldn't live without....for now haha. Have you found any you have to have?

I'm off to catch up on your blogs. I do have 2 floss tubes I'm watching now. But other than that just can't get into them. I mostly just sit and judge the backgrounds and their way of talking about stitching haha. I much prefer blogging. I love the written story behind the pieces. So don't worry I'm not going anywhere. Have a wonderful week. Love yourself. Hug your loved ones. Smile as much as possible.

4 comments:

Mary said...

You made wonderful progress on your wips last week. The Mill Hill gnome is so cute. I loved Erin Elizabeth's, American Flag too. There was about 4 other charts I liked but I am trying not to buy anything until June.

Rachel said...

So much progress on so many projects again, but you have no choice if you want to cross of those acrostics. Keep those needles smokin' girl!

Carol said...

Such nice progress on your many WIPs, Katie! Those little penguins in the Winter piece are adorable :) We're planning on watching Oppenheimer soon, too! Sounds like we need to carve out a long time period for it :) Love that Erin Elizabeth chart--definitely one I'll be stitching! Enjoy your week ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You’ve got some gorgeous projects in this post. It’s nice to see so many things being worked on. I like the “colouring book” method of stitching too.