Feb 26, 2024

Feb 26th Monday Update

 You might have sneaked a peek at some of my progress photos if you looked at the WIPocalypse update yesterday but you don't get the fun details of my week. So sit back and enjoy my look at last week.

Monday I worked on Rainbow Dragon again. Only 60 stitches added but it was a busy day so just wanted to work on what was ready on my QSnap...
Tuesday was my day for Winter Line Up progress. I got an awesome 546 added. I really really hope to finish it this week even if I have to work on it more than 1 day...
Then I'll start the Spring one March 19th when it's officially Spring...
Wednesday was Hedgehogs in the Snow Day 10 added 215...
 
Thursday was a 2 project day trying to finish up my monthly acrostic goals. First up was a oldie Stitcher's Code SAL from Stitchingly. It was released in 2019. I got it because I love Durene Jones artwork. I'm stitching them individually. I finished the scissors one in 2020. I needed to do the outline on the frog one I was working on previously and then started the parking one...
 

After hitting my goal I moved to Christmas Truck. The kit I bought while on vacation in OBX. Just love a red truck with a Christmas tree haha. 

I added 102 Thursday and 118 Friday before putting it away. 

So that finished my acrostics other than Mermaid Biscornu and Winter Line Up. Winter Line Up will be a finish this week! Mermaid Biscornu will not and that's okay. I know now that these biscornu's take a lot more work than I originally thought. So I will carry on working on that one as a normal WIP in my tote. No worries. 

So Friday afternoon I added 339 more stitches to the Mermaid Biscornu...

I didn't realize how long each little mermaid would take haha. Oh well. Love the way it looks. Saturday and Sunday it was time for a new start...
I joined the Winter Stitchonomy SAL. It's a Mystery SAL but I have enjoyed others from Stitchonomy and peer pressure from a few friends *cough Faith cough* was one haha. Here is week one finished after 965 stitches...
 

I bought the complete kit from Stitchonomy. The fabric is 14ct Riviera Aqua Aida. Threads look like DMC from what I can tell. I just love the way it looks so far. I did see it's typography which I always enjoy. What's next??? We'll have to wait till Friday to see.

Our weather is typical Indiana Springish time but we've been running about 20 or 30 degrees above average. Then it snows. So never know what will be out the window. Today the front door is open. Wednesday snow. In between possible severe storms. 60plus to 30's haha. 

Last Wednesday Jeremiah had another eye doctor appointment and everything was great. His pressure was lowest she had seen it. Who knows why we haven't changed anything since last visit. But we hope it stays that way. I had my BP checked and it was still high so they doubled my med. Which made me dizzy and way confused so hopefully that means it's working haha. I go the 11th to be checked again. Fingers crossed that was the answer. Bev did great with her 2nd treatment. Just a 5 day hospital stay back home yesterday. This time they put her on a chemo pill to keep taking while at home. She will go back to the hospital in 3 weeks for another stronger treatment. But so far so good. So thankful. 

Okay I've been updating this way too long. Typical Monday. Everything goes longer than you want haha. So I'm off. Love yourself. Find a reason to smile. Hugs. Have a wonderful week. 

3 comments:

Carol said...

You have so many cute projects going on, Katie! I especially love the Winter Line Up and the Hedgehogs in the Snow--what a couple of cuties :) Sure hope you can get your BP meds regulated--that sounds very scary. Enjoy this last few days of February--another month has flown by already! ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Rainbow Dragon is so colourful. Love the Trilogy seasons too. And the cute hedgehogs.
Glad that Jeremiah is keeping healthy, he’s a good example for you!

Faith... said...

You got in a lot of stitching this week. I wish I could stitch half as fast as you do. I need about 2 or 3 more hours in each day! I really like Winter Line Up and Rainbow Dragon. The Christmas Truck is going to be so cute. Oh no I hope your BP comes down but that is great about Jeremiah's. So glad to hear about Bev! That is awesome news. I worry about this stronger treatment though, hopefully it won't be so strong that it makes he sick.

LOL it didn't really take much pressure, but I am glad you joined in. Now I just need to get moving on it.