Jul 8, 2024

Jul 8th Monday Update - Finish

Hey everyone. Hope you had a great 4th of July to my US readers. We sure did. Let me see what stitching I was able to squeeze in last week too.

Monday was the 1st so I decided to start my monthly new start pick...

I had a great day and added 802 stitches. Tuesday I added the rest 141 for a finish...

Finish #20
Mini Block America
by Hinzeit
Fabric 28ct New Khaki Lugana
Threads WDW Liberty and Americana
Started July 1st 2024. Took 2 Days.
943 Total Stitches.

After finishing that up I made some more progress on Summer Line Up by The Trilogy. 278 added Tuesday and 810 added Wednesday. 4 Days in now...


Mom would love the lighthouse of course. Thursday I picked up Forever in Peace by Sweet Wing Studio again...

I had 8 days into it. I picked it for a 4th of July challenge to see if I could get 500, 100, or 1776 stitching into a patriotic piece. I didn't know if I would hit the max but I did. Wohoo!


Info on piece. Fabric is 32ct Lambswool Jobelan with suggested DMC threads. 12 Days into it now. Friday I was very antisocial and hide inside to stitch haha. Added 912. Friday was only 181. Saturday I did 143 on the porch being half social haha. Sunday everyone finally left so I got 758 which completed the max. I actually ended up with 1,994 added. I don't know if anything famous happened that year haha. My Aunt put on Facebook that she really wants this one when I finish so it might be stolen haha. It's sweet she loves it so much. Just the other half to do now. 

We didn't have a huge crowd for the 4th but it was still nice and fun. We did a bunch of fireworks Saturday night and they were wonderful. We enjoyed our time relaxing. We watched a few movies. Dad and Bev came into our cabin for a fun military movie. We also watched the new Ghost Busters. It was really good. Just a nice relaxing time overall which was very nice. 

Bev went up to the hospital today and everything was okay for her round of chemo to start. So that's good news. Unfortunately my Grandpa isn't doing well so more stress for the pile. We are supposed to get hit with Hurricane Beryl leftovers Tuesday and Wednesday. Which we do need rain so I guess it'll be okay. Maybe 2 to 3 inches of rain coming. Hopefully it adds up in the pond. It's still so low. So trying to get laundry and groceries tonight so we can hide until it all passes. Hopefully that means stitching time ahead. I might work on the Pisces Mill Hill haven't decided yet.

Have a great week. Love yourself. Find reasons to smile.

4 comments:

Faith... said...

Great stitching Katie! I love everything especially the Line Up! You got in plenty of stitches despite the holiday. Congrats on getting in over the 1,776 stitches you were going for.

Sorry to hear that Hurricane Beryl is headed your way. I hope it has died down by the time it gets to your place. Oh no, so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I hope it is not to serious and he starts feeling better soon. I am glad to hear the great news Bev received. Glad she is finally able to get the chemo going. 💜

diamondc said...

Hi Katie: Your fingers have been very busy, love America, congrats on the finish.
All your designs have great stitching progress.
We had a very quiet stay at home day watched the fireworks from the living room, they were about a mile away but can still see them.

Catherine

Carol said...

You sure have been stitching up a storm, Katie! Love your patriotic finish and the Sweet Wing Studio piece--just lovely! So good to hear about Bev, but I'm sorry your grandfather isn't doing well. It's always something, isn't it? Hope you got your rain--we are bone dry here in western Pennsylvania. Haven't had anything to speak of in over 10 days! Enjoy your weekend ♥

DJ said...

It's always a feast for the eyes to visit your blog! It's been a madhouse here, sorry for the long delay in stopping by! I'll be praying for Bev and your Grandpa. Beryl was a messy storm, I hope you and your family are ok. I love the patriotic piece too, I'll have to see if I can find that pattern! Happy Stitching!